• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello, I just joined. I am a parent of a son with Crohn's disease. He was diagnosed as a teenager and is now a young man. I do research all the time. Even though he has moved into his own life, I never stop being concerned. I think this disease has a good chance of finding a cure in the near future and I want to push for that!:thumleft:

Last edited:

Crohn's Mom

Hi golanv and welcome to the forum :)

I am also a parent of a young lady with Crohn's. She just turned 18 and is about to go away to college and begin her life on her own (sort of). I am with you with the thoughts that no matter how old our babies get, we will never stop being concerned or trying to help!
Hope to see you around and again, welcome !

Crohn's Moms are a special group!

thanks for responding...
Good Luck with the college. My son was in a very precarious situation when he left for college. He didn't live in the dorm because his immune system was very low. Fortunately, his apartment roommate knew him and was understanding. He also knew to call me at any time of day or night! He did not finish college but has a nice career which works well with his condition.
I hope things go well for you and your daughter.

David

Co-Founder
Welcome to the forum, I'm so pleased that you've made your way here :)

While I understand your son is no longer a kid, we DO have a forum for parents of kids with IBD that you may want to check into. And I'm SURE you can provide some insight to other parents as well if you're so inclined!

Again, it's great having you here. I look forward to seeing you around our little community :)

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi golanv and :welcome:

I'm sorry you had to find your way here but on the upside it is a fab place for support and info!

I tell ya I never stop worrying about my two...worry, worry, worry! :lol: It's the last I think of each day and the first when I wake...my kids and crohns. One things for sure though, I know I'm not alone and in a strange sort of way that is comforting, to know that there are others that truly understand what you feel and experience.

How is your son now? Is he in remission?

I hope you stay around 'cause we would love to have you here and get to know you better. All the best and welcome aboard!

Much love, :hug:
Dusty. xxx

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
Welcome to the forum Golanv! This is a terrific place for both Crohnies and those who love them, and care for them. Unfortunately, we can share in the pain, but the amount of love and support here is amazing. Please make yourself at home. :)

Thanks for the welcome! My son is currently in remission. He had one precarious flare a few months ago. He had lost his job and moved to a new place to find one. I knew the move alone could set off a flare, much less the stress of losing a job. He now has a new (and better!) job. He has his place settled and seems like things are good for now. I went to visit him this week and cooked a few meals! He had lost weight but said he felt ok. It is important for him to be scheduled in his life.
I wish you the best. I know the amount of work having a crohnie, I can't imagine having it myself.