• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's newbie

Went into hospital a month ago with appendicitis. Operation that night to remove the appendix, they also took some diseased looking bowel. After pathology looked at what haf been removed during the op, they found some inflamation indicative of crohns disease.

I don't seem to be getting any pain although I do get almost constant diahrea which I take loperamide for. And since the op I've been taking Pentasa.

Funny thing is my GP diagnosed my diahrea as IBS.

Astra

'Funny thing is my GP diagnosed my diahrea as IBS.'

Oh yeah, that old chesnut! I had that dx for 15 years!

Welcome fellow Brit!
Hope you stick around, lots of Crohnie friends here for you
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

David

Co-Founder
Greetings! Wow, that's quite a way to get diagnosed!

Ah, the joys of being diagnosed with IBS. The ole standby. Well, at least you have a proper diagnosis now so they can get you into remission :)

It's great having you here and I look forward to seeing you around. Take care.

Welcome. As far as being diagnosed with IBS. I had that for 6 years before I was finally diagnosed with Crohns. I apparently had the most painful IBS ever! I had doctors tell me it was possible for IBS to send me to the ER in the worst pain imaginable.