• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New member (Catharine) and my story

Diagnosed by the great Graeme Kerr at the Royal Shrewsbury aged 16-ish, my Crohn’s proved to be frustratingly stubborn to most therapy and I ended up having major abdominal surgery after a colonoscopy went spectacularly wrong. Unidentified super-infections, an accidentally induced heart attack during insertion of a central line and a brush with physiological opiate addiction completed quite the most mind-blowing period of my life.

A couple more surgeries, one grapefruit sized and many cherry tomato sized abscesses later I am still here to tell the tale. Having stood the grim reaper up a few times I know a thing or two about tenacity, work, life and spirit and now, to mark my 20th anniversary of having Crohn's I aim to share what I have learnt with others through my blog dedicated to inspiring and thriving in the workplace and the world...with chronic illness. I am not allowed to post the blog link until I have made 10 posts or more, so when I have done this I will post a link for those of you who might be interested.

Catharine

Astra

Hiya Catharine
and welcome

I would love to read your blog! It would be a helluva story!
Glad you found us, lots of friends here for you
My sister lives in Shrawardine, Shropshire is a lovely place to live!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx