• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello :-)

Hello,

I have been looking at this forum for a while and thought I may as well join!

I'm 23, been suffering with Crohn's for about 8 months (not as long as some of you, I know) but only just diagnosed a few weeks ago.

Am currently on Prednisolone and Pentasa (neither of which seem to be making a great deal of difference yet) and got a my first Colonoscopy in just over a week.

Also trying to quit smoking...just to make everything a bit more stressfull!

Nice to be reading peoples posts and knowing there are other people feeling the same as me!

Thanks for reading :)

Rachel

Astra

Hiya Rachel
and welcome fellow Brit

Glad you stopped lurking, you'll find lots of Crohnie friends here, all paddling in the same boat!
How long have you been on the Pred? At what dose?
Enjoy our forum!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Astra

Hiya Rachel

You see, seems like some peeps are doing this, staying on Pred for a couple of weeks then tapering by 5mg a week. But if your doc says do this, then you gotta!
Whereas I was on 40mg for 3 months! Then tapered, and it took me nearly a year.
If you're still suffering, then maybe the reduction of the Pred too soon, too fast hasn't helped.
Have a chat with your doc if you're still in pain, and stay on the higher dose til the inflammation has reduced, just my own personal opinion.
Pentasa is good to maintain but won't do much til the inflammation is under control.
good luck with your scope
xxx

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Rachel and welcome! How have you been feeling with your new treatment? Is the tapering going well? As Joan said, if you start to feel symptomatic again, voice it to your GI. The pred might not have been finished taking care of the inflammation. But I hope all goes well and you can successfully finish taking the pred. Good luck!