• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help me please

Hello All,

My name is Adam, and i need your help please.

I have been with my amazing girlfriend for the past three months, and she is a Crohn's sufferer. My knowledge of the disease is very limited and there are some things that she feels uncomfortable talking about, which is understandable.

If someone can email me or something to help me better understand this so I can be a better help to her, that would be great.

Thank you everyone :)

Hi Adam
I think it's really great that you want a deeper understanding of what your girlfriend is going through and you are very welcome here. :)
I would spend a bit of time browsing the forum. Do you know where in her bowel the Crohn's is located? Or what meds she's on? That would maybe give you something to focus your research on.
You can Google Crohn's and you'll get lots of info but the forum posts will give you an idea of the emotional impact etc that the disease can have on people.
Fire away with any questions and hope to hear from you again.

Hello All,

My name is Adam, and i need your help please.

I have been with my amazing girlfriend for the past three months, and she is a Crohn's sufferer. My knowledge of the disease is very limited and there are some things that she feels uncomfortable talking about, which is understandable.

If someone can email me or something to help me better understand this so I can be a better help to her, that would be great.

Thank you everyone :)
Just be supportive and gain as much knowledge through literature about the disease.Everyone has a different path dealing with this disease,but having someone stand by you through this is one of the best things you can do.

Hi Adam and welcome! I too have been dating someone with Crohn's for 3 months. Tons of great info and support on here. I consider this site a Godsend. Wishing you the best!!