• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to forum

Hello All,
Was diagnosed with Crohn's back in October 2010,although maybe having been suffering from this my whole life.I've found that this is one of the most frustrating things to ever go through.I'm taking sulfasalazine only, due to no insurance,its cheap and somewhat effective, along with battle of trial and error with foods.So in a nut shell,haven't had much support and still dealing with all of this daily.I have had SOME good days though and I'm hoping for more,I figured I needed to be in a place where I can get some understanding and different ideas on how to feel better. Thank you! Joel

Astra

Hiya Joel
and welcome

You'll finds loads of support and friends here!
Any questions, just fire away.
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Diagnosed with Crohns September 2010 one week after being diagnosed with breast cancer. I had symptoms for the previous three years but felt it was age and something I had to put up with. I had hardly heard of Crohns. I refused any treatment until the end of the cancer treatment, surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy and tablets. Last month I started on treatment for Crohns. It is nearly as bad as the chemotherapy, I am always tired and nasueas. One of the tablets indicates hair loss but as mine is just growing I am used to that.

I am taking prendisolne, ariziothriopine, pentasa and omeprazole. To date no improvement, maybe worse. I am 69, does that mean I am a senior member?

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Welcome Joel, you too Jeffer!! Jeffer, you may want to start a new thread so you'll be seen by more people...or just jump in and enjoy the forum!! It's up to you!

Joel, do you have regular contact with a GI? I can't imagine going through any of this w/o insurance. I hope you get some help with the costs of meds and appts.. Let us know how it goes for you and what you learn in the process.