• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to Crohn's Forum.

new to Crohn's Forum.

hey Crohn's Forum! :)

this is my first thread.. my partner found this place and suggested i have a peek and post my stories.

here is my story :)
i have Crohn's Disease, im 19, i was diagnosed when i was 7, i have apparently had Crohn's since i was born and i was misdiagnosed when i was 18 months old with some weird disease i can not pronounce. no one in my family has ever had crohns. or any disease for that matter. throughout my child hood, i had always had problems going to the toilet, and my family and i never really thought anything of it. when i was 7 i went through a series of tests for about 2 weeks, and they finally came to the conclusion that it was Crohns. i was given a few drugs to take. i dont really remmeber which ones. but phlagyl and salfasalazine were the main ones. i have been on so much mediaction including (i so cant spell haha): Phlagyl, imuran, ciprofloxin, salfasalazine etc etc. i am currently in remission (WOOOO!!! :D) and am taking 100mg of imuran a day, and on infliximab (1 dose every 2 months)
i have been on infliximab for about 2 years now, and its amazing! out of the 2 years or so, i have had about 2 doses that never really worked, and i was left lathargic, and lazy for 2 months.

i have had 2 major flare ups. one at christmas holidays 2008/2009 and 2009/2010.. the first one was really scary, i didnt know what was happening to me because my crohns was pretty calm and didnt cause me much distress. i spent 2 months in hospital, i lost 15kgs, got a gastric nasal tube stuck down my nose (they are the worst things imagiable!!!!!) i was really sick, and going through canulas like i did toilet paper. in my 2 month stay i counted how many, and i had a total of 47 canulas. 47!!!! i nearly went through one a day :( second time was the worst. i was so sick that i was offered to have a colostomy bag for 2 years to give my bum and bowels a rest. i balled my eyes out and so did my aprents, we were so scared that it had got this bad. i declinded the offer, and thats when i was put onto infliximab.

there are a few differnt stories and a lot more drama that i have lived through. but i thought i might start off with the basics :)
here is a few more things:
i am currently in remission
every 6-8 weeks i have an anal dilatiation (otherwise i cant poop hehe)
i have an anal fistula (with a seton tube in place)
i have had 3 absesses on my labias
i have 1 large skin tag on the edge of my anus
i have had no surgerys. and id like to keep it that way!

so any stories and feedback? id love to read.
thanks all :) :Karl:

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome to the forum reid92!

I am glad your partner found us. I am glad you are in remission but you have certainly bene through some tough times :(.

There are people on this forum of all ages and from many different places so you will get a chance to meet a lot of new friends here! Looking forward to seeing you around!!!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome! I am so happy to hear you are in remission! You have been through so much and certainly deserve it. I sure hope Remicade continues to work wonders for you. Being that you have been taking Remicade for 2 years, you'll be a valuable member by offering advice to those nervous about starting the treatment.

Once again, welcome to the forum!

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome! That's wonderful that you're currently in remission. Good for you! :) As you're in Infliximab, you may want to check out our Remicade (Infliximab) support for various information or to even help others not yet in remission ;)

Again, welcome! It's great to have you here and I look forward to seeing you around the forum :)

Hi

New to site to. So hope this find you. Glad to hear you are not flaired any more. But hearing you store scare's the hell out of me, one Im so scared to every have that bag. But even more the fact you got this so young, I have two little boys and just pray to God they never get this thing they call Chrohs. I was put in hoispital four months ago and finaly told I have crohns about 6-1 on stairoids but dont feel any better still hurts like hell.

thanks so much for your support everyone! means so much!
i will definately help anyone who needs it :)

msselba - try not to stress to much, i mean, not all parents want to hear their kids have crohns but still, my parents have been completely AMAZING towards my crohns and help me all they can. im sure you'd be a great support to them if anything happens.
best of luck