• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cleveland Clinic

Hi all! Diagnosed with Crohns in 93', I have tried pretty much every medicine except 6mp and Remicade, I am currently on Humaria 4x a month. A year ago I had my first surgery, they removed my ileum, cecum and appendix, I was also one of the lucky 2% with a Meckel's diverticulum so that was removed as well, unfortunatly I think I am worse now then I was before. I have an appointment August 3rd at the Cleveland Clinic does anyone have any experience with them? Thanks

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Welcome, Mindy. I am so sorry to hear surgery didn't offer you relief, even with taking Humira weekly. I don't have experience with the Cleveland Clinic, but I have heard wonderful things. I sure hope they can get you well.

Please let us know how your appointment goes next month.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!! After not keeping anything down for 3 days and a trip to the local hospital yesterday, where they just give me vicodin and phenegran and send me home I am so ready to head to Cleveland and maybe come up with a "long term" solution instead of masking the problem

Mindy, I go to Vanderbilt in Nashville and will be moving up to Columbus. My GI at Vandy is really good friends with Dr. Lashner at the Cleveland Clinic and Dr. Lashner is very highly regarded in the GI community especially when it comes to Crohn's Disease. I won't be going there do to Cleveland being far away but I mention this to say you will be in good hands. God bless