• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Helloo

Hey everyone hope your all looking forward to the weekend, just joined this forum so thought I would tell my story. I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in April this year. I have it in the terminal illeum, and im on Asacol and also methotrexate. I usually have some abdominal cramping and at the moment I'm experiencing rectal bleeding which isn't very nice as you can expect, but it could be worse so I'm just getting on with it :)

Hope to meet some lovely people to talk to here when I'm unsure who to speak to, the only person i know with crohns is my brother but he lives in another country.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi manda and welcome! The forum is a great place to talk with others dealing with the same issues. I think you'll find it really helpful.

Have you mentioned the bleeding to your GI? Bleeding is not something to take likely, though many of us experience this (me included). Have you had a recent scope and do you know the cause of the bleeding?

Astra

Hiya Manda
and welcome

It's great that you've found us, loads of Crohnie friends here for you.
My Crohns is in the TI too, but I'm in remission at the mo, so it is possible!
Lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Hi thanks for the replies I haven't seen my gi since being diagnosed. I was supposed to see him this month, but due to certain issues I couldn't make my appointment. And he won't see me until October. I phoned nhs direct today, but they said that bleeding was just a symptom, and that I should drink a lot of fluids especially in warm weather so not too useful lol. Xx

Also unsure of the reason for bleeding, nhs thought it might have Been because I had an upset stomach which was causing loose bowel movements causing me to have a tear? X

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Yes, bleeding is a CD symptom, but not one to be taken lightly. You GI shouldn't be brushing you off.

Bleeding can be caused by many things like tears/fissures. Do you have any rectal pain?

Hi Jill

Doesn't seem to be any pain in the rectal area, I've got a nurses appointment on Tuesday for blood pressure and blood test so I'll mention it to her then and see what she says.