• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'll keep on smiling as if there is nothing wrong

i'll keep on smiling as if there is nothing wrong

Hi everyone I'm yasmine from Cairo, Egypt and I'm suffering from crohn's and I'm looking for people also from egypt suffering from crohns too to help each other with our experience coz no one could ever feel the pain of a person suffering from crohns except if he is also suffering from crohns I'm now in uk I'm not quite will and tomorrow my going to see my doctor he will tell me if I'm going to go for the surgery or not yet but he also told me that the end of any medical treatment is the surgery so its only a matter of time so if anyone out there from egypt plz send me back

Hi Yasmine

I'm not from Egypt, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum and wish you luck with your doctor's appointment. I hope you get the news you're hoping for!

Good luck, and again, welcome to the forum.

Best regards,

Kismet

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Yasmine and welcome! I am not from Egypt, but I wanted to give you a warm welcome anyway! How long have you had Crohn's and what medication are you taking? You obviously aren't doing too well if you are discussing surgery with your doctor. I sure hope you get some relief soon whether through a new treatment option or surgery. Hang in there!

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome! I haven't seen anyone else from Egypt, but if I do in the future, I'll be sure to try and connect the two of you.

Again, welcome! I hope you stick around :)

Hello,
Dear miss yasmeen

I am Dr. Amr Mossalam (dr in engineering not medicine) and i am a father of Rawan (15 yr girl) who suffered crohn's d. For the last 18 months.

We live in Dubai and we have no issues here cos the disease in known here (big variety of expat. people from allover the world living in a lovely city).

The problem that we suffer when we go to Egypt in the summer vaccation.

We do not know till now a doctor that can follow up the case with us in cairo.

Last year we had a very bad experience. The doctors know well about the disease but they had no such frequent cases to gain experience.

So please can u tell me the names and contacts of doctors in cairo.

Thank you

Dr. Amr
00971508801838 dubai