• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi Everyone

Hi Ladies and Gents :thumleft:

I was diagnosed with UC in 2003 and went on to have an ileostomy formed in a sub colectomy op in 2007, followed with a final proctectomy op in early 2008. It doesn't sound like much when I put it all together in one sentence like that, but I am sure those on here understand that it's beed quite a ride!

I've a member of a couple of support forums and find the information and experience from these kind of forums invaluable and hope to share knowledge, info and general experiences with those on here too!

Look forward to getting to know you.:ybiggrin:

Gav

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Gave and welcome! Yes, I agree it helps to speak with others with Crohn's to share insight and support.

How have you been doing since your surgery?

Hi Gav

Welcome to the forum! I got my ileostomy this past May and you're right, to say it in one sentence doesn't even begin to cover the sum total of the experience of the surgery.

There's a Stoma subforum under General IBD discussion and I'm sure that your experience will be invaluable to people considering surgery and to those of us who may be experiencing some trouble post-surgery and have questions.

Looking forward to reading your posts around the forum.

Cheers,

Kismet

Hi Kismet and Jill :thumright:

Hi Gave and welcome! Yes, I agree it helps to speak with others with Crohn's to share insight and support.

How have you been doing since your surgery?

I've generally been ok. It took some time for me to recover from the 2nd op as it seems I have muscle/nerve related problems now around the operation site. If I ever start to put weight on it can tip the scales, literally, and cause some intense periods of pain around the proctectomy site :frown:. It gives me a lot of motivation to watch what I eat and keep fit! :biggrin:

Other than that, apart from the odd kidney stone thrown in for good luck, I'm doing ok. :thumleft:

Gav

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Ouch! Kidney stones are so painful! Poor guy. But I am glad you are doing OK. I hope you can continue to improve!

David

Co-Founder
My goodness Gav, you have certainly been through a LOT. I'm glad you found your way here though. :)

I do indeed hope you share you knowledge here and we're of course here for you anytime you need us.

See you around!