• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New kid on the block

It is 10 days since I was diagnosed with Chron's disease. I was deeply shocked and disappointed that it happened to me at a young 70 years old. I have always been fit and healthy, but for the past few months could not understand why I was feeling tired, had diaorhea and my white cell blood count was extremely hight. Went for Colonoscopy and of course the biopsy.
I am trying to understand this "new friend" that has invaded my privacy and have decided that if it wants to be my friend it must learn to live with me on my terms. It is all new and I do need help and advice. Does anyone out there have the symptoms of being up all night, in the bathroom and NOTHING happens, it's almost there is a block of wood in the wrong department. I still need to register with a dietician so they can help my nutritional needs.
Hope to hear from someone soon.:ybatty:

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome! I am sorry about your recent diagnosis. Have you been suffering from symptoms for a while? Most people are diagnosed between the ages of 15-30. However, Crohn's can appear at any age.

Have you begun any medication?

Hi Nappy and welcome from another late starter, diagnosed at age 51. Yes, this 'new friend' takes a bit of getting to know and is very unpredictable!
Are you finding that certain foods are aggravating your symptoms? You could have a look at the Diet and Fitness forum for some insights and ideas til you get to see a dietician.

David

Co-Founder
Hi Nappy and welcome! 70 years old, huh? I think that's a new record here on the forum but I can't be certain.

Regarding your fatigue, has your doctor told you where your Crohn's is most active? Did they test your Vitamin B12 levels?

Again, it's great to have you here. I hope you stick around :)