• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello

hello

Im new to all this posting and asking questions. I got diagnosed with crohns colitis in june this year after a colonoscopy, completing a course of pred at the mo and just started on azathioprine today. Its all going well so far, not put any weight on with the steroids, my bowel movements are a lot better and Im figuring out what does and doesnt agree with me food wise. Ive had a barium small bowel meal to rule out anything in there this weelk and he said that looks fine. Got really good IBD nurses on hand to call if needed and Im going back to see my dr in september.
Just hoping that the steroids and aza sort me out now then can go back to being normal.

Ive been suffering really bad with indigestion the last few days and had a bit of bleeding today which ive not had before hence why Ive joined the forum so I can ask about these at the moment!

Hello Owllover

Welcome to the forum. With such a recent diagnosis, I don't doubt that you have a tons of questions. There are various sections of this forum where you can post your specific questions and no doubt, people with experience and knowledge will respond.

Prednisone is a good starting place; Imuran takes a while to kick in so it's a drug that requires some patience.

I'm glad you found us and I'm sure you'll get a lot of answers that you're looking for on this forum---there are a lot of amazing people on here.

Take care,

Kismet

ameslouise

Hi Owl Lover and welcome!

Yes, the aza will take a while to kick in. The pred should be keeping things under control in the meantime - what dose are you on? If the bleeding is something new for you, best to phone your GI and report it. Take note as to whether it is bright or dark as they will want to know that (which indicates how far up the GI tract it iscoming from).

Good luck - hope you feel better soon! - Amy

hello owl lover,
welcome this site forum is the best. i have been welcomed here as if i was here all my life and that is great to relate my crohn's diaease with others who share the same problem.the same lifesytles. i have had crohn's for 21 years now. The preds should clears things up pretty soon hopefully in few weeks or so but like the others said the imuran will take a while to kick in. hopefully you will feel better soon and get back to yourself again. best wishes.