• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi, Im Jay.

Well, A few years ago i began seeing blood in my stool. Went to the doctor, had a colonoscipy but they didnt see anything wrong so they gave me some medicene thinking it might help. Half a year went by and the blood just got worse. I went back for another colonoscipy and when i woke up they told me i had Crohns Colitus. It really sucks and its embarressing but i know im not alone. I love, lovvee food. lol. So im pretty much suffering all the time because i do what i want and eat what i want. I want to start eating better but its hard because it seems like theres nothing i can actually eat. Yogurt, woo! :/ Sometimes i forget about my crohns untill i have to run to the bathroom. I wish it would just go away....:yfrown:

Hello Jay
I can relate. I love food, I love eating and dining, and drinking and enjoying life...until the 'crohns' thing pops out of no where and ruins it for me. I stills struggle with knowing what foods are safe, and what foods are triggers for me b/c it varies. Generally speaking, when flaring, 'white foods' are safe. white bread, white rice, white pasta (this is what my dietician told me and it seems to work) When not flaring, you should be able to resume normal eating habits, though pay attention to foods such as nuts, seeds, peelings of apples, peppers, grapes, popcorn (among other foods) For me red meat bothers me, whether I am flaring or not. It's just not easy for me and many others to digest. You'll have to start by paying close attention to your diet. It's annoying, and tedious but it's for your benefit. If I were you, I'd try and make a safe foods/trigger foods list. Keep track!!
Some people also take (i modium) for those special occasions, some people depend on (i modium) in order to leave the house (sorry had to put it in brackets, spell check is messed up on my comp) I'd rather not rely on it, but it's comforting to know that it is there if you NEED it...And then for some, it doesnt work at all...! Are you on meds now? Thanks for sharing your story :)

I have to take a pill called asocol and im suppose to take a suppasatory but i dont. I think im going to start a list as you suggested. Though Ive noticed Red meats n lettuse bother me the most. Thank you for your advice. :]

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Welcome Just Jay! It can be challenging to figure out the right diet for you. Unfortunately, it is trial and error. But hopefully you won't have to cut out all of your favorites.

If you are prescribed a suppository, I suggest you take it. I know it's not the ideal way to administer medication, but if you have inflammation towards the end of your colon, suppositories are the best way to address it. And it is better to treat it now before it gets worse.