• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New just sayin hi

new just sayin hi

Hello, I don't have crohn's (not diagnosed in the process of a bunch of tests) I first heard of crohn's when my friends fiance started having problems with his. Since then it seems to be every where I turn. In the past 2 years I found out another friend has it, my nephew at 14 got diagnosed with it and then his sister at 13. Now at my new job my co worker. I'm not sure that I have it but Im googling things like crazy and found this site. I will go to another area to post my stuff, introducing myself here. I am 37 living in Alberta and am a youth worker :) Nice to find this place.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome! Yes, it seems that once you or someone you know gets diagnosed with Crohn's, it appears everywhere! Honestly, I never heard of it until I got my diagnosis. Boy, how much I have learned!

I am sorry to hear about your neice and nephew. Anyone else in the family tree have IBD? What symptoms are you experiencing and what tests have you had done?

Astra

Hiya meems
and welcome

Glad you found us, you can now stop reading horror stories on the Net, we're the Real McCoy!
You're in the right section to tell us your story, so fire away!
Lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Hi and Thank you. We think that my Grandma had it but with her age and unwillingness to go to the Dr. we aren't positive. My symptoms started March 1 this year after I had an unrelated surgery. I've lost 35lbs, I get pain like its my appendix (mainly there occasionally more in the middle), was hospitalized for 4 days because thats what they thought and my white blood count was up. They gave me a ct, and an xray but couldnt see anything because the day before i was in hospital i had a barium test (for my stomach, it was normal) I have had a normal colonoscopy, i go friday for a upper gi? barium in my small intestine? I have had iritis (white blood cells attacking my eye) flaky skin on my face treated with steroids, and i also got a weird weepy sore once on my face. Im always tired but im not anemic, i either feel full or nauseous and a couple times a week I vomit. Im frustrated, confused and just want them to hurry up and fix me. I just want my life back :S

That sounds like it could be Crohns, but even if it is not, you are welcome here! We have a lot of people on this site who have all different forms of IBS, IBD, or are yet to be diagnosed! All are welcome. We can all learn from each other, and best of all, lean on each other. Welcome to the forum!

HI me, Welcome to the forum.
i have had crohn's for 21 years now and was like you at first bowel pains in my right hand side of my stomach in the same area has my appendix but, i knew it wasn't by appendix. so i waited for a colonoscopy for a month. until one night i started having pain in my belly and started passing blood so i had to rushed to the hospital in a ambulance. i had a scope done on the third day there and found out i had crohn's disease that didn't go over so well with me at first. but i got used to it. i was in remission for 15 years unfortunately it came back (flare up) three weeks ago and now on predisone for awhile hopefully that will do the trick. you do get frustrated and confused especially when your in pain and don't know why. Hopefully you will get a proper GP to get you checked out and see what is causing all this pain your having. you came to the right place for advice people here are great and great wealth of knowledge. best wishes

Hey welcome...I've just joined a few minutes ago too, I've got my diagnosis as Crohns so I hope you get your diagnosis soon and start to feel better =)

AJxx

Thanks everyone! Reading about everyones differant experiences is helpful. I had my upper gi barium swallow friday (i would rather the colonoscopy!) I was quite ill this weekend. I am supposed to have results in 2 to 3 business days, the dr wouldn't tell me anything. Hopefully I get some answers. Hope you all had a great weekend, and again...thanks