• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie Vent!

Hi all. My name is Joy. I have been diagnosed with Crones last year. Ive been in and out of the hospital and dealing with the crones for many.. many years. For some reason now, they have just discovered it. Thankful for that. Turns out I'm not crazy. (well, at least about my guts anyway. ) I have many flare ups.

Currently on Humira injections, Pentasa, Prednisone, anxiety and depression meds. Vitamins & Ambient and Tresadone ( to sleep) And Vicodin for pain.

I am at my breaking point with taking all the meds. Sometimes it feels as if the meds do do much other than sedating me. I have to say, I prefer. Just easier to sleep through cramping and fevers.

The fatigue - constant pain - planing out all my moves for a day. The knowing if i put this in my mouth, by this time I'll be running for the bathroom or doubled over like a shrimp. The mood swings, the anxiety over every little thing. The constant blood work and doctor visits.The embarrassment. Trying to explain constantly " I don't feel good. I know I don't look sick or didn't act sick earlier, but I don't feel good now." I know people don't understand it, it just gets frustrating. I'm whining. I do know that. lol

I hope some of you get what I mean when I say, stumbling onto this forum and seeing others vent made me feel a little bit better. Knowing people understand and I'm not alone in this disease is a tad bit comforting. Thank you for letting me vent and read your stories.

welcome to the site joy

welcome to the sit joy i see you are venting and thats fine but here is a link to forum here thats for vents its called vent away i am trying to help you here because you are new here and dont know where everything is http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3 now you are not alone i am still undiagnosed i have been throwing up,diarreah,unbearable stomach pain blood in my stool and losing alot of weight know i am here to listen if you need someone to talk to here is a hug for you joy :hug::welcome: you will love it here join in on other forums here when your ready

HI joy, welcome to the forum. i have had crohn's for 21 years now and i bipolar diorder(manic depression) most people in the forum know my story and i will tell you mine. i was diagnosised in 1990. I was in hospital for a month or so. and it scary and sometimes depressioning. but with the right diet which is trial and error at most times i came around within a month and went in remission for 15 years and now it has flared up again and on preds and other meds to help with inflammation. Hopefully that will do the trick. i hope you find the right combination of diet and meds for your Crohn's. and get back to feeling better soon. best wishes. and if you have any question fire away. i Know the people here will respond and so will i. a great forum a great family and a great deal of knowledge here. again best wishes.

scott