• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just saying hello

Hi guys,

I've just recently been diagnosed with Crohn's after a year or so of confusing and painful symptoms. In a way I'm glad that I've finally been diagnosed and can put a name to it, but on the other hand, I'm a tiny bit terrified!
I guess I'm not too sure how I feel about the whole thing, sad or relieved or upset and I think thats partly why I've come here, to speak to others who know what I'm going through and have probably experienced all of the emotions involved.
I guess I'm just feeling very sorry for myself at the moment! lol!

Kirsty

Astra

Hiya Kirsty
and welcome

It's ok to feel like this, it's the not knowing that is the scary part!
Get yourself genned up about Crohn's on this forum, don't trawl the Net tho, too many horror stories out there, we're the experts!
Look at this positively, you've now got a name for it and now you can learn how to manage it, we're all here to support you, any questions, just fire away!
What meds have they put you on? Have a scoot thro the treatment section on here also.
Glad you found us, lots of Crohnie friends here for you
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Hi kristy, welcome to the forum. sorry to hear about diagnosis. but it is scary at first. i have had it for 21 years now. and presently having a flare up. i am on predsione and other meds for awhile and the pain is real pain the butt, lol . Like astra said where the experts. we all have had different stories to tell and this is great site for knowledge.If you have any questions fire away. and i am sure people here will respond. and again welcome. best wishes

scott

Thanks for that guys, your kind words are really appreciated!

I'm currently on Azathioprine 50mg with weekly blood tests to see how they are affecting me, not noticed much of a change in my symptoms just yet though! The scariest part has been reading through the information leaflet of the azathioprine, all of those side effects! lol!

Kirsty
x