• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi

My name is Tracey and my son was having some serious stomach problems when he turned 16, doctor after doctor and NO answers, it was so bad that one time he was actually scheduled to have his perfectly healthy gall bladder removed for "no reason" thankfully the Doc noticed it and was baffled, as time went on more very painful episode after the other, finally, finally I hooked up with a Doc that saw the x-rays, saw the reports that I had collected for 1.5 years, finally I was told my son had Crohn's and the very next morning he was in emergency surgery, they removed his appendix, pollips (non cancerous) reconstructed him stomach, pretty much and removed fistula. He is now 20, controls his crohns by diet only an he is Marine. So for now he has been lucky, but he is very strict to his diet and at surgery he was 117lbs. now he is 162lbs of pure muscle and he knows that he can not play around with his disease. May God Bless anyone that suffers from this disease....Thank- you

tmurillo,

Welcome to the forum! Thank your son for his service to us, especially with his disease. He must be a very strong willed person. We're here if you need any advice or such. But I'm sure we'll call on you for the same!

Best wishes.
<3

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Tracey and welcome! I am glad your son is doing so well these days. What diet does he follow? Whatever it may be, I am glad he found something that is working for him. And he obviously must be doing quite well if he is a Marine! You must be very proud.

Please thank him for his service for me!

Thanks Jessica, Jill I am very proud and he is a pure health nut!!! After surgery I went on a hunt for diets without meds for crones, he eats a lot of protein, and B12, no junk food, no fried foods, no rice (and that was his favorite), and exercise, a lot pre-military, even though he had the surgery and the disease, he did get medical clearance and was able to join.....he eats no grains or leafy or raw veggies....he has never drank alcohol or smokes....and I appreciate your kind words. I pray nightly he continues his road of his dream...the only down fall of it is that it can come back at anytime and I worry about him out there, his younger brother 18, just joined USAF, so I pray for them both for safe returns.....

Last edited:
Hi welcome :)

I am very happy for your son that he is doing well! You must be proud of both your sons for what they do. I know the rest of us are all thankful. I wish for your eldest marine son continued success and health!

JenJen Thank you very much, my biggest wish is that alot people with this disease is I pray for a cure and them not give up hope......Bless all of you!

allieinwonder

Welcome to the forum!

Wow, what a comeback! My husband is a soldier, and I couldn't imagine doing what he does with IBD...he must be doing very well! That is great! :)