• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just signed up

Hi, I've been diagnosed with severe crohn 2 years ago and underwent 2 surgeries so far. I find blood in my stool every other day, the purinethol makes me nauseous on a daily basis and my gastroenterologist doesn't seem to care about pain or side effects management.

I'll spare you the rest of the details

I joined mainly for the support forums, maybe it'll help with the depression... I don't have much to lose anymore I guess

Jessi

You definitely came to the right place! Welcome to the family!

I'm so sorry about the garbage you are currently going through. It sounds to me that you need to be on the hunt for a new doc! Your GI should be taking care of you with compassion. Once you find the right doctor, maybe together you can find a treatment that works for you.

Hang in there. We're all in this together.

Hi and welcome to the forums. You'll find a lot of support here. I agree with Jessi. You should find the right GI doctor for you. I went through several when I was first diagnosed, once I found the right one, I did a lot better. And it sometimes takes trying several medications to find the right one.

:dance: Welcome! Don't give In and Don't Give up! This is a Great place! I too am new and already I have learned more about having a sense of humor about all this "shite" along with information about how different meds effect different people and also the different stages of our Lovely Butt :poo: Burden. There is even a place for rants! Hope to see you around! :rosette2:

Another vote in the "find a new doctor" camp. If your doctor isn't compassionate and extremely responsive to your issues, he or she is a waste of your time. There are plenty of them out there. I'm not sure of the specifics in Canada but I'm sure you can switch?

I have an AMAZING PA Here in WA. :worthy: I know it's not Canada, or maybe not even close to your part of Canada. But I have contact information if anyone wants it. Mine really really is amazing. I have been working with her since 04/11 and I am already scheduled for my final procedure for diagnosis. Sept Cheers!!! Good Luck too! Jeesh! I really really am blessed with my Dr.:applause: