• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello

Heya,
I found this website through google and joined.
I am married to a wonderful guy with Crohns Disease.

He was diaganosed with it when he was 16 years old and then when he was 18, he had to have an operation and have an ileostomy/colostomy bag. (he is now 24.)He has had to have several operations because of it and it always seems to be one operation after another!
Even though its not me with Crohns, sometimes I feel so down and don't know what to do.There can be days when my husband is laying on the sofa, curled over in pain and It actually makes me cry that there is nothing i can do for him. I don't really have anyone to talk to about this or if i do, I dont have anyone who understands whats going on.
So i suppose the main reason I am here, is just to talk to other people who knows what this is and can offer any advice.

Thank you for reading :)
xxx

Hi there Mrs G. This forum is great. I keep telling people that I am new as I was only diagnosed in July but this forum is really helpful for cronies and relatives of. Lets face it, you guys are our rocks! My husband is great and I would be lost without him. You'll get loads of support here, I would have been lost without it a few weeks ago. Look forward to chatting with you and welcome! :welcome:

sawdust

Welcome MrsG! Glad you found this forum, and I hope you find it as useful as I have. Lots of great people here who understand like you and your husband do. It might be hard to watch sometimes, and there may not be anything you can say or do at that moment, but just being there is incredibly important and helpful. If you're here for support and advice, you're in the right place!

Hey MrsG! Welcome to the forum :)

There's definitely people here in the same boat as you. Take a look around, and get to learn how we crohnies help ourselves. Then maybe, you'll get an idea of what you could do to best support him :) I think it's absolutely wonderful that you've reached out on his behalf.

Hello Mrs G and partner
I am a bloke who can relate to what you are saying. I started with problems aged 13 and diagnosed at 15, totally wrecked last couple of important years at school and also my adolescence. I am 51 now and had an ileostomy 19 years ago. The condition does have ups and downs - important that you have a consultant who is particularly interested in Crohn's. With respect to support, have you also tried the NACC site? (now called Crohn's and Colitis UK) it is very helpful and I think they have details of local contacts/groups/meetings/newsletters etc.
Best wishes to both of you

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome! There are many partners/spouses on the forum just like you. Many say they feel helpless, but you shouldn't feel that way. Being loving and supportive is so very important.

When I am feeling sick and helpless, I get blue, and it means so much to hear my husband say how much he loves and needs me. So, keep being the wonderful wife that you are, and you'll make your husband feel so much better!

Hello again everyone and thank you for reading and replying to this thread and all your kind words.
I cant wait to get stuck in and talk to everyone :)
x

Astra

Hiya Mrs G
and welcome

I think it's lovely of you to come here on behalf of your hubby!
Hope we can help, there are lots of friends here for you both, any questions, just shoot!
lotsa luv
Joan xxx