• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here

A few years ago, my right lower side was huting so I went to my family practice doc and she sent me for a CT scan thinking it was appendicitis. She called me back afterwards and said the appendix was fine, but there were a lot of swollen lymph nodes. She mentioned I had an ovarian cyst and thought that was what was causing me to be uncomfortable. It lasted for a few weeks but eventually went away. It's ached on and off since but since I thought I knew the cause, I never went back.

Fast forward to a month ago. I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst pain ever. It was like being in labor. After 4 hrs, I woke my husband and had him drive me to the ER. Honestly, if there would have been a tent on the side of the road offering drugs, I would have told him to pull over. At the ER, they gave me dilaudid and did a ct scan. They said it was abnormal and I needed to see a GI doc. So, I did. The GI doc asked me how long I had been in the hospital and I told him about 3 hrs. He was shocked and said the intestines were so swollen, I should have been in there for a while. After asking a bunch of questions and looking at the ct and lab results said I had Crohns. He wants to do a colonoscopy to see the extent. The ct scan said "edematous bowel walls in the illeum, enlarged lymphnodes" and other stuff I can't remember. The GI mentioned starting me on daily shots :frown: and antibiotics. I'm on flagyl now.
I just found this forum as I was looking for info about it.

Amanda

Welcome okie,
There is a lot of good information in this forum. I don't know what medication they will be giving you as daily shots, but undoubtedly someone else will . They want to clear up infection with the Flagyl. Keep us posted on how thing go for you. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Yeah, similar thing happened to me. Doctors kept telling me I had appendicitis, one got fancy with it and said cronic appendicitis since i've had side pain since i was maybe 5. They had me do ton of tests only to say that it's either appendicitis or my intestines that are swollen. Eventually they figured it out thank goodness. Glad you were finally diagnosed, first step is knowing what the problem is.

I havn't taken flagyl, but how is it treating you?

HI okie, welcome to the forum . you want find a better place to be it's like being apart of a great family unit here and a great world of knowledge . i hope you get better soon. and i hope the Flagyl will work for you.best of luck.

scott

David

Co-Founder
Hi Amanda and welcome!

Sorry you've been through so much but at least you have a proper diagnosis now!

Other than the pain, do you have any other symptoms?

I wish you all the best :)