• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Coming off Prednisone

I've been on Prednisone for 6 months; started at 50mg at the beginning of the year with a sign of a flare and have been tappering down to nothing. Was on 2.5mg for the past month so came off it pretty slowly.
I've been off it for about a week now and i feel terrible. I'm extremely tired, headaches, up and down etc. (Almost the same symptoms i get when i go on it bar the shakes). Can we get some wort of withdrawals after being on it for so long? I thought I may have been getting sick, a virus or something but then though to myself it may be b/c I've come off Prednisone since I was on it for longer than I normally am.

Anyone had this?
G

Your adrenaline glands may be a bit lazy and trying to work. Sometimes it happens, talk to your doctor about how you feel. Or it may be just a coinicidence.

I have done a fair amount of reading recently and have read that coming off of steroids can cause the symptoms you are having ... sometimes can also cause a flare again... DEFINITELY talk to your doctor. You may be steroid dependent....