• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Another new guy!

Hi my name is Peter I am 30 years old and was diagnosed about 4 years ago with Crohns Disease. I have had a nasty go with this disease I have had a total of 33 surgeries in the past 3 years alone most of them were absess drainage's as well an illeostomy and a recent reversal. Just heard of this forum through a dr in Las Vegas figured I'd share my stories and read others and hope to gain some help as well hopefully bd able to give some help.
I was dealing with local Dr's in Mohave County AZ and only seemed ti get worse till I was so sick I ended up in the care of a Dr in Bakersfielc Ca (in area for work) he then refered me to a team of Dr's at Cedar Sinai in Hollywood Ca and I'm slowly made my way to a better bill of health.

Hi Peter, welcome to the forum. Do you mind me asking what treatments you have received?

I'm glad to hear you're improving. 11 surgeries a year is a lot!

:welcome: Peter

33 Surgeries? Wow. I am so glad my Crohn's has not had the abcesses.

This is a good place for us Crohnies to be. There is a lot of information already posted here, so take a look around.

Right now (as of the past 2months) I'm on Remicade and Imuran.
And the last year was only 4 of the 33.
What were you on before the Remicade and Imuran? I assume this is the regimen that's working for you? I'd like to know what treatments you failed as well as the ones that worked, if you don't mind sharing.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Peter! Woah! 33 surgeries in 3 years! You certainly have had a nasty go with this disease.

I am glad Remicade & Imuran is helping you to feel better. Crossing my fingers it continues to do the trick for many, many years!

Welcome!

HI peter, and welcome to the forum, you've had a real battle with crohn's. I am sorry about all those surgeries. But if your looking for knowledge. Then you came to the right place. The people here are great and a great world of knowledge, so if you have any questions just fire away and the forum will respond. best wishes.

scott

Hi welcome :)

Yes, you have been through a lot. Wow. I am also happy for you that the Remicade and Imuran are working!