• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Not feeling well today..

Hi All,

I was diagnosed with Crohns in 2007. I've had issues in the past but nothing horrible. Three weeks ago I ended up in the ER with upper abdominal pain and nausea. I was dx with pancreatits. I was sent home on antibotics and pain meds. A week later, I was back in the ER with rt sided abd pain and back pain. CT results showed normal except for small bowel area which the contrast had not gone through that area yet.(This is where my crohns is located) I felt foolish because they didn't find anything although the ER staff was great and didn't treat me like I was crazy:smile:. My problem is I am still hurting. I have nausea, not eating when I do I feel like it's going to come back, back and abd pain, cold and clammy hands and feet but no fever. I've never had a problem with diahhrea only constipation.

I am not sure if I am in a flare and I am afraid of going to the doctor. I don't want them to think I am over reacting. I have never felt this way for so long. Not sure of what to do.

Hi welcome :)

I would go to your doctor. It is always better to be on the safe side. You know your body best and know something is just not right. Hopefully they will be able to help you with a different treatment method if your current one is not keeping you well.

I have had a doctor go as far as asking me if I was sure I had Crohn's Disease once and believe it or not he was the doctor who diagnosed me with it. Apparently, he just didn't remember because it had been so long ago. I haven't had many problems with diarrhea it has always been constipation, cramps, abdominal pain, back pain , cold clammy hands and feet, and nausea. What helped me was probiotics, fish oil, and diet. I went to a nautropathic doctor and had a blood test done that told me what foods I was allergic to. From there I took what my gastroenterologist had told me to stay away from. The food from the blood test I stay away from and take my probiotics and fish oil daily. I only go into my gastroenterologist if I am experiencing severe problems. As far as being worried about your doctors not believing you. You know your body best and they are doctors they will listen and do the best they can to help you. Go in and see your doctor if your in pain, I'd go see a nautropathic doctor too and combine their suggestions. Hope things work out for you hun.

Hi. Sorry you are still having pain. You should go to your doctor. It is always better to be safe than sorry. A good doctor will treat your symptoms and not judge you. I hope you start feeling better soon.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Jenny and :welcome:

My daughter had an admission to hospital for pancreatitis a week before she was diagnosed with crohns. She had the same symptoms you have and also suffered with no diarrhoea but rather tended to constipation. All this stemmed from inflammation in her terminal ileum.

It certainly sounds like you are flaring to me so as head off to the docs and have it checked out. Good luck!

Dusty. xxx

Take good care of yourself and be kind to your body. If you feel you need to rest, do it. I think our bodies do tell us what we need most of the time, but check with youd doc too>