• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How frequent do you get scanned? (CT/MR Enterography?)

How often do you get an MRI or CT scan?

• One a year or more

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Once every two years

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Once every three years

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Once every four years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once every five or more years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't get scanned

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Just curious. Do you have physicians who order MRIs with any regularity to track your disease?

I have had like 4 MRIs in the past 6 years or so. And I just received an order for another one - I'm post-op so I like to take a looksie but I know these are expensive on insurance...

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I have never had a MRI and don't ever want to , way too claustrophobic. I have had a scan once a year but only because I was in pain, hopefully it wont be for a couple of years, not good for ya.

I've had about 10 MRIs (in the past 6 years).... They're not too bad but they usually ask me to drink a horrible liquid to empty my bowels which is horrrrrrrrible......
I've never had a CT scan though

I had 3 CT scans last year within 4 months due to an abscess and perforation but I don't have them regularly to review things.