• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Living with this

Hello Everyone living with this disease has been just wonderful lol. in the bathroom all the time bleeding and the weight loss is just great. just had my first Resection surgery. 6 inches of small and 6 inches of large. everything is just so great at home about to loose everything i have. Disibility keeps denying me cant work on oxys for pain nausea all the time had a stricture and a fistula removed. but Thats still not enough. and everybody wants to know why im so angry all the time. funny huh isnt life just wonderful.

i have been on Remicade for 3 years out of surgery 3 weeks and i still live in the bathroom. about ten times a day still have abdominal pain and im told it will be better. what is better for us i take calcium iron vit D i take Ensure suplemental drinks. but i am still suposed to go out in the work force and be a diesel mechanic NO Hire As soon as i Say i have Severe Crohns i have been trying to work for myself for the last 5 years i Just cant perform anymore. no strenth No Stamina and i hurt al the time

Sounds like the Remicade has stopped working. Can you try one of the other biologics like Humira, or Cimzia? Or even go back to the likes of azathioprine (Imuran) or methotrexate. And get on pred to help damp down the inflammation - I guess you've been there or are on it, with the mention of calcium supplements.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Mike! I am sorry that your Crohn's has been really difficult to get under control. It certainly sounds like a new treatment plan is necessary. Remicade is obviously not doing the trick anymore. Have you and your doctor discussed other options?

I suggest checking out the Treatment Forum to see the other options out there. After doing some homework, you can get the ball rolling and touch base with your doctor on what next step to take.