• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi, I'm new! Help with nausea please!?

Hi everyone, nice to meet you all -

I have just signed up as it is great to have a place to have a chat and exchange advice with other fellow Crohns sufferers. I was diagnosed last November after a re-section and being misdiagnosed for several years. I have been well since the op but lately I have had really bad nausea. I am taking Motilium (doperidone) but only works for a short time, very bloated too. Anyone have any ideas that will ease the nausea for longer please? Thanks,

Emma

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Emma and welcome! I am sorry you are having such a tough time with nausea. I know a lot of people will drink tea with ginger to settle their stomach.

I hope you feel better soon!

nausea

Thanks for your welcome Jill - I'm not a fan of ginger tea but I'll try anything at the moment - thanks!

ekay03

My dog has hands!
I also use Zofran. I find it VERY helpful. There isnt much more you can do. Phenergan is also a good one, but as chrisnsteph1022 said, it will make you sleepy. I sometimes suck on ice. Thats all I can think of to help. I personally avoid eating untill the nausea goes away. Some people feel better after they eat something light like crackers. I guess if you are bloated you wont want any crackers. Maybe ask your doc about zofran. I works really well. I hope you feel better soon Good luck!

Astra

Hiya Emma
and welcome

You could ask your doc about Cyclizine, an anti histamine that works for nausea and vomiting.
I was given this in hospital and it's the business, albeit - very powerful!
Hope you get something sorted soon, feeling nauseous all the time is just awful.
Lotsa luv
Joan xxx

David

Co-Founder
Hi Emma and welcome :)

Let's see if maybe we can get to the root of what is causing your nausea, shall we?

1. What meds are you on?
2. What was specifically resected? And why did you have the surgery? What were the doctors thinking it was?
3. Are you taking any supplements?
4. When are you most likely to get nauseous? For example, right after you eat, on an empty stomach, as you lie down for bed, or?
5. Do specific foods seem more likely to make you sick to your stomach?
6. Where exactly is your Crohn's known to be active?

All my best to you :)