• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

25 years With Crohn's

Hi everyone,New to the forum CJ from Australia
I have had Crohn's for 25 years now, as you all know you have good times and bad,however the last 5 years have been very good and now 40 years old.
I had a resection at 21 and after that about 5 ops for fistulas.
Imuran has been the main meds however 6 years ago I find a new GI Dr and she added Salofalk, now I am off Imuran.
Rest and as less stress as possible with B12 and Revenol worked for me.
I am lucky to have fund a good GP and GI doctors who both work for the same goal,to help me.

All the best CJ:)

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi Cj :welcome: so glad you made your way here, and there are many people from Oz here to welcome you too.

I too am in the "mature" crohnie group, and I am not perfect, but have my up and down days.. Since everyone is different with the disease, it is still good to be positive and fight your way to the good days. Nice to have a newbie and a good inspiration post. Hope to see you around.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi CJ and welcome! Yup, there sure are ups and downs with Crohn's. But I am so glad to here that you have been doing so over these past few years. I certainly hope the good times keep rolling!

I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

Hi CJ! I'm newly joined as well. I am 24 and was diagnosed in 2004. I just spent 6 days in the hospital due to another intense blockage after two years of reasonably good health - going to my GI next week to discuss surgery/alternative options. The pain is horrible, but I think there are huge steps being made in the research of Crohn's these days and it is refreshing to finally have joined this group.

I definitely agree with reducing stress and it is important to make sure B12 levels are OK. All the best to you!

- robert

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and a hearty welcome to you :) Thanks for sharing your story, I hope you stick around and become a regular part of the community. Take care!

helllooooo!
this is were i could be going wrong (no ones told me stress isnt a great help) im a total stress head, i stress out over the littlest of things!everyone keeps telling me on here to get my b12 levels checked?how do they do this, im going drs tomorrow to have a check up and was going to mention it, im new to this forum and the disease...im still a learner =) xx

Hi Kyi
I think CD is different for everybody, however for me when I did have a flair up I would stay away from red meat and take away food and only eat fresh fruit,fish and chicken.
B12 and other supplements can help with your energy levels.
Your Dr can do blood tests to check your B12.
A supplement called Revenol also helped me with energy.

All the best, talk soon.CJ

Welcome to the forum! The fact that you've fought Crohn's for 25 years is an inspiration to the rest of us.