• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello!

Hello, everyone! I just joined and am so glad I did, because I've already learned so much from all of the stories I've read so far. I was diagnosed with Crohn's at age 23 (now 50) and, thankfully, mine is a mild form. It wasn't until this past August that I've ever seen sick enough to be hospitalized, so I was rather surprised when the doctors told me I was flaring and had a partial blockage. Because I've had very little trouble all these years, I feel as though I'm learning about Crohn's for the first time!

Thanks for all of your posts. They're a HUGE help and it's comforting to know I'm in such good company. :rosette1:

HI Sugarberry, Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us. But, sorry you have Crohn's and had to be hospitalized. I was about the same age when i was diagnosised i am now 41 and still battling it. i have a colonosocopy on monday Oct 3 oh boyyy. the prep is the worst i think:ymad: because they give you a sedative to calm you down. This forum is very supportive and very well knowledged so if you have any question just fire away. best wishes.:welcome:

Last edited:

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome! I am sorry you've been struggling with your Crohn's lately. What medication were you on in the past? Have you needed to make adjustments to your treatment plan due to your current flare? I sure hope you have been feeling better since August. Hang in there!

David

Co-Founder
We're glad you joined too! I hope everything is going well for you now. We're here for you anytime and I hope you become a regular part of our little community here :)