• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New around here :)

Big hello to everyone :)

I'm Ollie, 24 from the United Kingdom.

Diagnosed with Crohn's disease in late 2004. Currently in a flare that seems to be going on forever. Currently attend hospital every 8 weeks for an Infliximab infusion, they seem to slowly be starting to work for me which is good. I also take Azathioprine alongside this :)

Anyway just a quick message to say HI :)

Ollie

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
HI Ollie :welcome: to the forum! Many people here from your country and will welcome you too. Many people on Remicade, it takes a while usually by 3rd injection. Some it works for them and some not or react. It does have a lot of promising results.

Hopefully once you are in an almost remission state you can ask to wean off the AZA, just a thought. Glad you aer here, lots of info and people your age!

Hi Robbo :)

Hi Pen :) Yes i agree, have discussed this with my consultant and weaning off the AZA seems to be the long term plan so hopefully it will materialise and work :)

Thanks for the welcome.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Ollie and welcome! I am glad to hear Remicade is starting to work. How long have you been on it now?

I hope your current treatment plan works does the trick for a very, very long time. Good luck!

Hi Jill :)

I've been on Remicade for 13 months now, its steadily starting to work more and more each time i attend hospital for an infusion. :)

Thankyou.

David

Co-Founder
Hi Ollie and welcome!

I'm sorry your flare has been going on for so long :( What are your current symptoms? When did you go on the Omeprazole and why?

All my best to you!

Hi Ollie, glad to hear the infliximab is starting to work on you! What is it like getting it?

Are you on it for good or is it just to knock the crohns back into remission?