• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Greetings.

Hello everyone,
I m Roy from Lebanon and i've been diagnosed with crohn's since past may.
I had a massive flare up from march thru may tht really bothered me and turn out to be caused by stress mainly which is ironic since the diagnosis itself stressed me out.
I m on 5-ASA ( 4g/day of salofalk 500mg) since june and i guess its the easiest of all treatments since the only side effects i have noticed-other than the huge price tag tht damages my salary :p - were some grumbling followed by gases an increase in acne and i guess becoming more prone to flus and colds sonce i ve been getting sick more often than before on average like once every other week in comparison to never in past 5 years.
I was a body builder and i boxed but during my flare ups i was too weak and too bloated to be able to train properly and lost like 20 pnds of mostly muscle since i lost alot of my muscle mass because of both no training and the disease itself.
I returned to the gym in june after starting the treatment and evrsince i ve been gr8.
As for my diet i havent changed a thing, my dr. recommended tht i self eliminate what bothers me, i have a say since my disease is in the mild phase so i have a give and take with my dr.

anyways its gr8 to find a support forum.

cheers

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:welcome: to the forum! Glad you found us and we know how you feel, and there has been a few here from your country and many a body builder. No matter what shape you are in, any one can have a flare but you are most likely to fight it off sooner.

You dont have insurance for medical treatment and medications? The USA is like that too, and people lose their lively hood over that.

Most people avoid dairy but since you are a body builder you need all the calcium you can get. Glad you are here, many people her to share their thoughts with you. Hope you are ok.

hey pen,
I do have insurance but unfortunately they only cover the hospitalizations and procedures like mris n colonos but not the meds fees. i pay like 200$ a month on the meds that excluding the iron n folate supplements since i have extreme anemia due to very low iron.
as for the USA insurance plan thts not assuring since i m headed there nxt august so i guess the disease will b a bother when i m there too.
cheers for now.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Roy and welcome! I am glad to hear your treatment plan is working well for you and you have even been able to return to the gym. I hope it continues to work for you.

Figuring out what foods to avoid can take some time. I suggest keeping a food journal. Record what you eat and any symptoms. You will notice which foods aren't sitting well with your gut. Good luck!