• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Introducing myself

Hi, I'm Suzanna. I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in May of 2007. I was 15 and a sophomore in high school. I experienced severe abdominal cramps several times a day for about 8 moths prior to the official diagnosis. By March, I was having diarrhea up to 10 times a day, including at night, and I lost almost 25 pounds. I woke up at night with cold sweats, had an itchy rash on my arms and legs, erythema nodosum on my legs, and pain in my major joints. I was nauseous and had to use the restroom after eating, and ended up not eating very much because it always hurt. I was sleeping all the time and I couldn't participate on my school's tennis team or take my AP tests.

I didn't tell my parents I was sick until it started getting really bad and I couldn't go up and down the stairs without crying because my joints hurt and I was too tired. My mother took me to the doctor and I had the usual blood and stool tests. I was anemic and vitamin-deficient, and had blood in my stool. My pediatrician referred me to Children's Hospital, and I had a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy in May. I learned that I had ulcerations in my colon, ileum, and esophagus. They gave me prednisone pretty quickly, and after a few relapses over the summer, I started 11th grade relatively healthily. I currently take 75 mg of azothioprine. I'm still anemic and I haven't put on much of the weight I lost, even after 3-4 months of prednisone.

So that's basically it in a nutshell. My story is pretty similar to everyone else's but I thought I'd go ahead and share anyway just so I don't seem like a complete stranger.

This forum seems like an awesome place for support and general Crohn's conversation. I'd like to be an active member because I would love to have people to talk to who know what I'm going through!

Hello Suzanna!

Welcome to the Crohn's Forum!! :)
It's always good to be surrounded by people who are in the same boat
and know how you feel.

We are here to support one another and try to give suggestions
to questions you may have.

You will put the weight back on....once the meds get you leveled off.

Please feel free to jump in with comments on any of the threads..
any questions....ask away.

You'll find this is a great place to learn more about the disease
or you may come in here to vent, or find a shoulder to lean on.

We're here for you....and each other.

Once again welcome! :)

Hugs~Nancy

Kev

Hi RHOV Welcome to the forum. I certainly hope you don't feel like a stranger here. This place is like our club, and we are the in crowd. So you are truly among friends.
anyway, looking forward to your continuing participation. Feel free to post anytime.

BTW the business about entering tags, why do you have to? Well, you don't have to as such. Tags just make it easier for the forum software to locate key or common words/phrases. so, say a member wanted to search for info on a drug or treatment or procedure..., they wouldn't have to search each posting line by line or topic by topic.. they can just enter the key words or phrases they were looking for... For example, if someone were to post on their experience with colonoscopy, and they entered that as a tag.., then if someone else searched for that info, the program would find it faster, as those key words had been noted as important. It is just a way to help other users use this forum...

Last edited:
H

hanaa al baydany

Hi suzannaa
welcome to our family world. i like this forum becouse i can share with other people our pain, joke, and care. I feel that I have new wide family which no borders,no religions or ethinics differrences.Familly that is allways with u any time,night,day,whethery u r in the north or in the southcost on earth. therefore chron'deases at least has one positive aspect.
thake care of yrself.