• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hanaa

• Thread starter hanaa al baydany
  • Start date
H

hanaa al baydany

myc. tuberculodis

when i doing my test before taking imuran ,the stood analysis show that there is myc.tuberculosis.when I ask a doctor friend becouse 2day is holliday in Egypt.He said that this is releated to crohn's? is true? is it right.? that means I can't take iimuran and also sutriod? plz help with any information.....................:ybatty: :ybatty: :ybatty:

Last edited:

Kev

wish I could help hanaa.. I've never heard of it. If no one here has either, perhaps try doing a web search. Be sure to write it all down to ask your doctor..

This may be what he is referring to. Although it is not something that is normally tested for. let us know if this is the correct bacteria Hanaa.

http://www.mad-cow.org/00/paraTB.html

I am not sure how to address you due to cultural differences. If I am doing something inapropriate please let me know.

Best Regards

Dan Bergman

H

hanaa al baydany

yes its a kind of bacteria which it may come due to the low immunity cauesd by crohn's due to steriod. i heard that the doctormay ask 4 another endsc to get a new biopsy.
Thanh u all 4 yr concern.And i will let u know if ther is any thing. thankssssssssss again.

Kev

Hmmm. something doesn't ring right. That link noted how hard it is to detect MAP in humans. How rare it is (numerically speaking) in someone who is infected. That a sample was found to contain it is pretty amazing, logistically speaking. And if it is MAP, then there does seem to be a translation problem, as Hanaa seems to say it is his crohn weakened system that then caused him to contract MAP, and not as commonly held until recently vice versa. Wasn't it recently posted on CCFA that the latest studies precluded a link to it & crohns?

I think Hanaa may be referring to the actual Tuberculosis bacteria. At least that is what I come up with when I google his exact name of myc.tuberculosis.

I think this would not be a good thing to have if you are on an immune suppressant.

It is mentioned in one article that a weak immune system can be a factor in contracting the bacteria.

Keep us posted on this Hanaa.

Dan Bergman

Kev

Yeah, looks like it was me who mis-translated. I just assumed it referred to mycobacterium paratuberculosis. Bad enuff to have IBD, then make an ass of myself...

I did the same thing at first, so we both made the same mistake.

Oh well, I guess that is why we are not bacteriologists.

I hope he gets some good treatment if it is Tuberculosis. That can be hard to shake nowadays.

Dan Bergman

H

hanaa al baydany

yes it's tuberculosis in the colon and the small Insistent . althought i took the vacination when i was young.but in Egypt there is TB there cases of tb in the veladges . and I am a CF of a charity organization and I know this fact even the government denigh . I wiil go 2 a doctor after 4 hrs.and i will travel 2 my doctor in london after i take the appointment.
I will let you know 2day what my local doctor.
thank u al very much.

I hope they can get rid of it. If you cannot get rid of the TB with the normal antibiotics let me know. I know of something that will likely take care of it.
Not official medicine though.

Dan Bergman

H

hanaa al baydany

Thank Bergy
I did another sample whiich was negative. i when went to the consultant he told me that there are lots of falses and we do'nt count on this stool test. the most important issue is the result of the biopsy of the endocopy which was negative.
Thanks God my nightmare has gone. and I could sleep very deeply last night.
Thank u for your care. I printed the article which gave me lots of informations.And the doctor told me that the one who got out from the mut have done agreet effort.and he asked me to keep it becouse he wants to read it.
thank you veryyyyyyyyyyyy much.

Glad to hear the good news Hanaa. Crohn's is enough to deal with. You do not need more worries.

Thank you for the update. Good news always makes me feel better.

Dan Bergman

Last edited:
When I was diagnosed with Crohn's, I went to a doctor for 2nd opinion. And he said that my CT scan don't show typical Crohn's and it may be 5% TB in the intestines as he said, although the TB test I took was negative. He said the only choice I have was surgery although I was in remission at the time!!!!!!!

When I went back to my original doctor, he said it's impossible to be TB, because I was feeling much better on Prednisone and Imuran, and if it was TB I would be dead by now, not in remission........... Also TB is very rare in Lebanon, except if it was brought by somebody who travelled abroad (and I was traveling to Turkey at the time and so got very afraid.....)

Just wanted to share this, as it seems there are similarities between CD and TB in the intestines.... Also I know that if you are on immunosuppressive meds like Imuran, Prednisone or Remicade you will be more prone to infectious diseases like TB

H

hanaa al baydany

Mazan, new illness in our countries is a disastor.u passed through the same circle and the fear.
Read the aricle that Bergy (Bergan) sent it. u will find it very usefull.