• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story-here goes

L

lizzyfan

Years ago around 1991 I would have a "spell" so to speak once maybe twice a year where for about a four hour period I'd be doubled over in pain and could not function at all, but then I'd be fine. This continued for several years becoming more frequent in the late 90's to about once a month. Of course when I went to the GI he said "ah, you just have IBS!" (F*ck you, that's what they all say when they can't diagnose ya!) All the while this was happening I'd be constipated for days at a time. Anyway, as the millennium came, hmm I'd say 2002, I did not have as much of the doubling over pain but more and more frequent pain. But I'm tuff I told myself I can handle it. I'd go to my regular doctor and get pills for abdominal pain (don't forget "you have IBS!) and it would relieve me some! OK, here we go to WOT (wide open throttle, car talk sorry!). In 2004 I noticed the pain was more severe and constant so I went back to another GI. Make an appointment and you'd wait two f*ckin' months before he's see ya to run tests (upper/lower GI). This was a slow process and was not showing any results. "So why am I in pain? Why am I losing weight? (Went from 170 to 107 on that fateful day). More tests nothing, but they "suspected something" when my white blood cell count went through the roof. Fast forward to February 2005, all my friends and family knew something was wrong as my weight went down to about a buck twenty five! "You got AIDS? Hell no! You on the pipe? No way!" One friend thought it was because the Eagles lost the Super bowl (yea, that sucked but come on). Anyway in April 2005 I went for weeks literally without eating and could barely drink water, hell I was dying! The evening of April 22nd 2005 I woke up from a sweaty sleep and could not even breath. Drove myself to the hospital (tuffy!) and admitted myself. The took my blood pressure and it was 75/50, needless to say I was admitted right away! After getting a CT scan the head Dr. came to me in the ICU and told me about my needed surgery (yes peeps, it took that long). I had about 26" taken from my small intestine including my ileum. The Doc said it was fistulated in several spots from YEARS of scarring!!! NO SH*T!!! Pun intended!! Anyway fast forward to almost three years later and I am back to 177 (little much!) and feel fine! I take MP6 everyday to keep it in remission. Downside is that after removal of Ileum basically have to (sorry) crap three to five times a day, kinda liquid not solid (Gross!!) I take something called Colestid to help slow bowl movements!
I've learned alot in the three years and now that blogging is all the rage I figured there was a Crohn's forum, LOL! So that's my story!
Freddy T!

Last edited:

Kev

Hey Freddy.. Welcome to the forum. Nice wheels. Glad to hear you eventually got diagnosed. sorry to hear that it took so long. Think you'll find you're not alone in the whole (no pun intended) delayed diagnosis, need emergency surgery, fiasco of modern medical science. anyway, rant, rave, opine, whatever. and Welcome!

J

jobengals

welcome on board and got DAMN that's a helluva process. Sorry to hear they never really took you seriously from the get go ... over 2ft of intestine is a lot to carve out. Glad to hear you're doing better at least! Is 6mp the only daily drug you've been on?

L

lizzyfan

jobengals said:
Is 6mp the only daily drug you've been on?
Yep! I also take Colestid sp? to slow down the shites

Last edited:
...and now that blogging is all the rage I figured there was a Crohn's forum
Welcome to the forum and Web 2.0.

In studying and/or promoting web-technology, the phrase Web 2.0 can refer to a perceived second generation of web-based communities and hosted services — such as social-networking sites, wikis, and folksonomies — which aim to facilitate creativity, collaboration, and sharing between users. The term gained currency following the first O'Reilly Media Web 2.0 conference in 2004.[2][3] Although the term suggests a new version of the World Wide Web, it does not refer to an update to any technical specifications, but to changes in the ways software developers and end-users use webs. According to Tim O'Reilly,

"Web 2.0 is the business revolution in the computer industry caused by the move to the Internet as platform, and an attempt to understand the rules for success on that new platform." [4]

Some technology experts, notably Tim Berners-Lee, have questioned whether one can use the term in a meaningful way, since many of the technology components of "Web 2.0" have existed since the early days of the Web.[5][6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_2.0

L

lizzyfan

Sojourn said:

In studying and/or promoting web-technology, the phrase Web 2.0 can refer to a perceived second generation of web-based communities and hosted services — such as social-networking sites, wikis, and folksonomies — which aim to facilitate creativity, collaboration, and sharing between users. The term gained currency following the first O'Reilly Media Web 2.0 conference in 2004.[2][3] Although the term suggests a new version of the World Wide Web, it does not refer to an update to any technical specifications, but to changes in the ways software developers and end-users use webs. According to Tim O'Reilly,

"Web 2.0 is the business revolution in the computer industry caused by the move to the Internet as platform, and an attempt to understand the rules for success on that new platform." [4]

Some technology experts, notably Tim Berners-Lee, have questioned whether one can use the term in a meaningful way, since many of the technology components of "Web 2.0" have existed since the early days of the Web.[5][6]

Thanks for the insight smart guy!

Sojourn said:

I don't think this site can be called 'Web 2.0'. Stuff like this has been around since the beginning :p

Now, if there was a Tag Cloud on the front page...