• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Be Brave

butt-eze

Superstar
Where is the weirdest place you've ever had a BM. Not trying to embarass anyone but we've all had emergencies....right!?!

I was in a crowded elevator.

In the middle of a classroom and I mean right in the center. In a car, ooh man that was terrible because we were ten minutes from home and no where to stop.

Thats my two weird ones but I guess they weren't that weird.

butt-eze

Superstar
One day I was walking my son in his stroller and had to stop, squat behind a tree and go! It was a snowy day so I was hoping that people knew that if you shouldn't eat yellow snow that brown would be an even bigger no no!

car... well, between the car and the house of the people who's pets I was taking care of while they were on vacation.

never ever have an italian sub and taco bell in the same day... lesson learned

argos.

i was queuing at the checkout, and needed - really needed - the loo. before i knew it, i had pushed to the front of the queue, flashed my "no wait" loo card, and was explaining that my toddler was desperate for the toilet lol 2 mins later i was in the staff ladies toilets. :D

S

sarahinyoface

on a bus coming home.

i had to get off quick and run to Asda.

Oh yeah I had a bed one as well. It was probably the grossest thing the nursing staff had ever seen. I was lying down and as they were cleaning me from one of my earlier episodes, I couldn't get out of bed, I had a two to three foot bm that mortified everyone in the room and stunk up the entire room. I had people turning green and leaving the room every few minutes trying to clean that. I think the whole nursing staff saw me that night. The worst thing was that they were also trying to comfort a kid who had three anal fissures and a hyper extended arm with an IV still in it. I don't know how I forgot that one.

butt-eze

Superstar
I went into a drug store because I desperately need to go to the bathroom. They refused. So, I went to the side of their store and did my business. It was dark outside but it was still a little risky.

Another time I was almost to work and really had to go. I parked in a small lot just outside of a tall building. I couldn't decide whether I should somehow go in the car or step outside and hope no one was watching. I stepped outside and went right there in front of my car on a small patch of grass. It was broad daylight and the windows to the building adjacent to the lot were wide open!

This is soooooooooo embarrassing a graveyard. I told the driver to stop the car now and pull over. Well I got out and squadded and doing my deed looking around and noticed where I was. Right at the end of a graveyard.Buy then it was to late to move.

Once no it was twice in a plastic bag in the backseat of a car. When I have to go I mean I really have to go .I cant hold it. Yes I have gone in my pants too several times.
Now I go out prepared for the worse with my plastic bag and box of kleenex.

butt-eze said:
I went into a drug store because I desperately need to go to the bathroom. They refused. So, I went to the side of their store and did my business. It was dark outside but it was still a little risky.

Another time I was almost to work and really had to go. I parked in a small lot just outside of a tall building. I couldn't decide whether I should somehow go in the car or step outside and hope no one was watching. I stepped outside and went right there in front of my car on a small patch of grass. It was broad daylight and the windows to the building adjacent to the lot were wide open!

I have also been there done that a few times.

butt-eze

Superstar
I have a friend who has UC. She told me that she had her family visiting her one day. She only has one bathroom. Her uncle was in the bathroom when the urge hit her hard. She remembered my advice about keeping a bag near. She grabbed her bag and went right there in her kitchen. The family couldn't stop laughing. She has since had her colon removed and is waiting for her second surgery for re-attachment.

I was traveling through a remote area of southern India with a friend and we stopped at a "local restaurant." I noticed the wash basins on the wall as I was seated. And as is the custom went over and washed my hands and wiped with the towel that everyone uses.

As we were waiting for the food, the door to the kitchen opened and I saw a guy with a long beard, in bare feet, with a towel wrapped around his waist vigorously working over the grill. "Oh great" was my only thought. Then the waiter brought out the food. It was served on something like a palm leaf. There was rice, dahl, and something that looked like chicken. No silverware of course. I proceeded to mix the rice and dahl with my right hand in an effort to form a kind of puddy that I could pick up and eat.

After a few minutes the urge came and I asked where the restroom was. I was directed outside and found this squat of an area surrounded by some shabby plywood. I looked down and there was a ceramic bowl in the ground with a hole in it. A bucket of water sat beside it. I squatted down over the bowl and unleashed and looked up and could see someone's patio overhead, or what would pass as a patio over there. I took out some of the tissue that I carried with me, cleaned up, and washed the ceramic bowl with the bucket of water.

Many more stories I could tell from that trip. Oh yes, when I went on the train, it was simply a hole in the floor and you could see the ground passing by beneath. If you ever go to India, definitely stay away from those train tracks.

I've always wanted to go to India, but now I'm not so sure I want to! Ever since I had this disease I've been very worried about having a proper bathroom available when I need it.

I went through a period when I had very little control. One day coming home from the hospital I had to go several times before I got to a bathroom. :(
Not fun!

I live in the middle of nowhere, when I'm not feeling well I'm too worried about finding a bathroom to leave the house.

If you go to North India, like New Delhi, it's more like a modern city. I didn't go up there, but I've heard they have normal toilets there. I was in the south doing Tsunami relief work in some very remote areas. My Crohn's was off and on then so I took the chance. It was manageable, but made for some difficult situations.

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Ewww - crowded elevator!
I lOVE this question!!
Mine's not exactly the strangest place, but it was pretty strange for a moment.
I am a music teacher, and I was in the middle of a half hour period with a room full of kindergarteners. I felt that gurgle, and looked at the clock. Seven minutes to go - yikes! I would never make it! I thought that if I just snuck over to the door, maybe they would just sit there and wonder whre I went. We were in the middle of a listening lesson, so I thought they might just continue to listen to the music. Luckily, the bathroom is directly across from my room. However, 2 minutes later, I heard little footsteps outside of my door. Then I heard a teacher's voice saying "what are you doing out here?" Then I heard another teacher's voice saying "where's the teacher?" Well, halfway to the bathroom, I crapped my pants, so it took a minute to clean that up. I stripped off my undies, and put my pants back on. Eeek! No undies at school! THAT can NOT be comfortable! I finally came out, and one of my co-workers was like "oh, I get it." as soon as she heard the flush - she knows all about my emergencies. But then - my vice principal rushed around the corner with his walkie talkie in his hand. He never comes up to my area of the building, so I thought I was busted! It turns out it was just a strangely timed coincidence - he had just had an argument with a parent that involved me and he wanted to tell me about it. He knew nothing about me leaving my classroom OR crapping my pants. Now THAT was a strange afternoon!

Speaking of strange places - I actually have a kids training potty in the back of my minivan. I line it with 2 plastic bags, and 2 sheets of folded paper towels. It works really well, and I have had to use it several times. I think I will ALWAYS own a minivan for just that reason alone. I highly recommend it!!

butt-eze

Superstar
My friend carries around a portable toilet too! She has had to hop into the backseat many times too. I need a mini-van!

Another time I was driving to work and had no toilet nearby. There was, however, someones driveway nearby. So, I pulled in, hopped into the backseat and crapped into a plastic bag half full of kettlecorn! I was hoping that no one from inside the house was watching or planning on leaving for work during my little episode. Who knows if any commuters saw! Let's just hope my windows are tinted enough.