• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help. Could this be the beginning of Chron's?

Hi there,

I was diagnosed with a fisher and a fistula in July. I had been living with anal leakage for over a year -- thinking the dampness was normal? I guess I was just ashamed. But it finally got so bad I went to a colorectal Dr.

She removed the fistula and fisher. But right after the surgery I started to have really awful bowel movements (not at all like diarrhea, stool was normal but I became constipated -- I honestly believe this was from all the trauma down there). There was blood and some mucus. And so much pain and swelling.

I went back and saw the Dr and she said she thought I had another fistula. So she tried to burn it off. Holy ow. 4 days went by and the leakage was back. The Dr said it wasn't a fistula but now a fisher. By this time my bladder had started to leak while I was asleep and drip now and then throughout the day. I am 39 and am in good health (otherwise). Dr said she wasn't sure at this point what was actually happening. It could be food allergies but that I should go back to my General practioner. Needless to say I am not going back to her.

I saw my normal Dr and another Dr was brought in for consulting. They are stumped. I do not have diarrhea -- but my anus is clearly a mess. Leakage, swelling, mucus, blood, definitely hemorrhoids. But because I do not have diarrhea they aren't sure if it's Chrons. I was tested for Celiac disease -- still waiting on the results.

So now I am stuck with a leaky bladder, anal leakage, horrific swelling after a bowel movement. My stools seem to becoming a lot softer and there is mucus often now. Oh also, I am exhausted all of the time -- I could sleep all day. (that was why the dr's thought maybe Celiac)

Any thoughts or feedback or experience would be so welcome. I am at the end of my rope. :frown:

Last edited:
Hello Ruby and welcome to this forum where you will get good support and help.I am recently diagnosed myself so can not shed much light on your situation at present....just wanted to say hello..:)
Crohn's can be difficult to diagnose...I know that much, and your symptoms are common to most CD suffers. It has been known to take quite some time to get a precise diagnosis which is of no comfort to you!!!
Fatigue can be due to none absorption of nutrients or poor diet.
Have they arranged a colonoscopy for you yet?
Take care...

Fatigue can be due to none absorption of nutrients or poor diet.
Have they arranged a colonoscopy for you yet?
Take care...
Thank you for the welcome.

So the above are signs of Chron's? I was so exhausted in July and August I thought there was something really wrong with me. I went on vacation in August and slept off and on all day for 5 days!

The Dr's said it could be Crohn's but that I don't have diarrhea so they are not sure. They do believe it is IBD though.

I am waiting for blood work back -- then next steps are Urilogist and new Colorectal Dr.

Last edited:
To an extent yes but nor exclusively..This is from a site regarding symptoms...
it may help you ruby..IBD Symptoms

Your IBD symptoms may change regularly but the majority of the time you will feel well.Symptoms include:

abdominal pain
a change in bowel habits
urgent and/or bloody diarrhoea
constipation
weight loss
extreme tiredness
nausea/vomiting
fever
rectal bleeding

You may hear the words ‘remission’ and ‘flare’ used when describing symptoms associated with IBD. When your symptoms are mild or you are not having symptoms they are said to be in ‘remission’. When you patients start experiencing symptoms again or they are particularly bad, it is called a ‘flare’.
Take care...

T
Your IBD symptoms may change regularly but the majority of the time you will feel well.Symptoms include:

abdominal pain
a change in bowel habits
urgent and/or bloody diarrhoea
constipation
weight loss
extreme tiredness
nausea/vomiting
fever
rectal bleeding
I don't have many of those symptoms at all and have done online research & know that I don't have a lot of them...that is why I am at a loss. And the Dr's are just as confused.

What I do have from above --
a change in bowel habits
constipation
extreme tiredness
rectal bleeding

Any one else have thoughts or experience?