• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cimzia Worked!

I started Cimzia last Thursday. It's still early but it worked! Before Cimzia I had HORRIBLE pain and irregular bowel movements. Everything is normal now!!! No pain, regular bowel movements... I really feel like Cimzia is giving me my life back. I was so close to just giving up.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Congrats! Lets keep it in check! ;)

Still waiting for Canada to get the FDA approval. Canada is last to get everything, which makes everyone else Guinea pigs, :lol:. Keep us posted ok? :banana:

Haha, I don't mind being the Guinea pig, my mom always calls me the tester child anyway... haha ;) I'll post again after my next round of shots!

Glad it worked for you. It was a big change for the better for me. Now i can live an almost normal life and can eat almost anything i want to

Congrats! Cimzia is a God send for me as well. No pain, my bowel movements are regular. I don't want to even think where I would be without this medication.

Current medications:
Protonix
Apriso

Thanks for posting this! I am considering starting Cimzia and it was good to hear something positive about it. YAY FOR IT WORKING FOR YOU TOO!!

I will be starting cimzia next week and am really looking forward to it. It is kinda of scary thinking about giving myself shots but if it works this good for me to I can't wait. :)

This is great to here. I start my cimzia on Thursday and I am very excited! Are you able to eat chocolate? I really miss chocolate :)

I am getting ready to do the second round of shots today, I personally can not say it has worked as well for me that fast...I am hoping it will start kicking in after this round I do tomorrow, my pain is not as bad, but I still do get some diarrhea. I have a few more weeks of prednisone, which has helped but wanting to get off that also.

I hope it continues to work that well for you, and pray that it kicks in that good for me SOON!!!