• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fanastic news.. Finally!

I've been in hospital for 5 weeks now and got disgnosed with crohns disease around 4 weeks ago. I've had so many blood transfusions and operations because my crohns got so bad but i've finally got some good news. The doctors are expecting that i'll be able to go home in the next couple of days! Just in time for some trick or treating! (I know a 16 year old shouldn't really trick or treat but i've missed out on sweets and chocolate for 5 weeks!) :)

Thats great news Aaron!!!
Last time I checked the Universal Law on trick or treating age limit...there was none...:)
But after 5 weeks in hospital....go easy on your belly Aaron..:)
I am so delighted for you ....
Take care...:)

Tesscorm

Staff member
So glad to hear you are finally going home! And, hey, you certainly should go out with your buddies and enjoy Halloween :hallo3: (but, yeah, go EASY on your tummy :yrolleyes:)!

Enjoy!

Aha thank you. :) Well after the operation the surgeon basically said eat whatever you want! I've been pigging out all week and everything's been fine, i think he managed to remove most of the crohns when i had part of my bowel removed. But it's always better to be safe than sorry :)

That's a long time to be in the hospital. Glad to hear you are well enough to get out of there. Have fun trick or treating but as Del said, take it easy.

Do you know what you're going to dress up as?

Aha i'm probably going to go as the bad guy from 'Scream' the movie. I told my mum to by me a costume and that was one of the only adult one's that seemed cool. :) Getting some fake blood aswell! Just got told i have to come back at christmas for another operation on my kidney's :( I really hope it's not been booked for christmas day. Atleast i can enjoy 2 months at home with my family first! :)