• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm Glad I found you... :)

[Hey guys n gals, I can't tell you how glad I am for finding this forum. I've been lost for so long. Wondering what's wrong with me because I had no idea that Crohn's symptoms were so varied. I was in the dark for yrs. Then I join this site and everything started to make sense. I'm one that doesn't have D very often. My stools tend to be thin and end as loose and watery, with blood often and even mucus on occasion. And I figured that I must be suffering from something else then because,I don't really have D. And now I know that, not all crohn's sufferer's have D. Some are even constipated.Now I can see my GI and have new info to present that will hopefully help get me officially diagnosed sooner and finally get some proper treatments and ultimately some relief. Hell,I've even read about some symptoms that I've had as well but, never realizing that crohn's could be the cause. Such as joint pain and muscle aches. I just figured I was out of shape.LOL. So, THANK YOU....whoever created this forum, for giving all of us...somewhere to learn and share and help one another this way.:wink:B][/B]

Hi Luna. Glad you found us :) It can be hard to get a diagnosis even when you do have all the classic symptoms. What have the docs been treating you with up til now?

Hi Luna and welcome to the forum here...:)
Totally agree with you about this place. My own disease seems less scary now..
It is always great to find accurate information from people who are front line with symptoms..
Take care..

@ Grumbletum...so far, they've diagnosed me with everything from Gastritis,H Pylori, even Ulcerative Colitis and meanwhile my symptoms get worse. I finally found a doctor that knows what he's doing but, he's hesitant to diagnose me with what I already know I have ( Crohn's) because it's a life long diagnosis. Which,I understand and respect but, eventually you just have to call a spade a spade,ya know. So,I've just been self medicating with over the counter stuff. Omeprizole,Mineral oil,Pro-Biotics,Gas ex,Fleet Enima's,Boost vitamin shakes and if the pain gets to be too much I have access to Tremidole and Prednizone. None of it really does the trick but, until I can get my doc. to do what inevitable......it's gonna have to do.

@DEL....I agree....this forum has been a plethora of info for me. And it's better to talk about these things with people who can truly relate because they've been there. Not just someone who read a book.....ya know?