• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Where is everyone?

Terriernut

Cindy posted this a few months back. And I'm wondering where everyone is? I am hoping all of you are sooooo enjoying life that you are busy. I'm also wondering if I should disappear if thats the issue?

Come out come out where ever you are......?

Nyx

I"m still kicking around...lol I have my moments of posting every day and then I go for a few without posting anything. I'm off of school this week so you'll likely see me more this week :)

Terriernut

Cindy, YOU are one of the people who kept me sane, and positive when I was near death and facing my ostomy. I just wanted to say so!

I'm glad you are still here!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nyx

It's nice to hear that I helped you! This forum was a Godsend for me after my surgery too...so many wonderful people here...

Astra

Hiya Misty & Cindy

I'm here!
Well I am in spirit, me body's in a coma!
It's difficult to spend time on here what with work and everything.
lotsa luv
xxx

Terriernut

It's nice to hear that I helped you! This forum was a Godsend for me after my surgery too...so many wonderful people here...
You helped me in so many way Cindy I cant put it into words. I'm so grateful for you and the many people on here, especially this subforum for everything.

Terriernut

Hiya Misty & Cindy

I'm here!
Well I am in spirit, me body's in a coma!
It's difficult to spend time on here what with work and everything.
lotsa luv
xxx
Joan...you are a case!!! Of whoop ass! And your spirit keeps alot of us going! Thank you! For all you do! Smooooooch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hey Misty I met Cindy 2 years ago Easter Sunday, met her and her fiance...she is so nice and her fiance too great conversation and food!

Next Aug I am hoping Joanie don't stand me up and not come visit next year...I will be heartbroken. ** sniff ** ;LOL:

I'm sure people wouldn't leave because you are about Misty! You try to help out everyone with your posts and you cheer up so many people who are going through tough times! :) Don't try and leave us or we will all come after you!

If people have dissapeared, I'd say it was because they are off out enjoying life as you say!

Gav :)

:sign0144:

Now when i'm off of work, i have time to read and write here, and in Finnish Crohn's forum. I write and read lot more when i'm ill :(

LOSTnut

Poopy
I'm here toooooo and check the posts every morning before work as much as I can.
Ha -- nobody is leaving this forum, too much good information to pass up and one never knows what the next day brings with Crohn's, stomas, hernias and fistulas, etc. anyways.

Love y'all :ghug:

Terriernut

Hey Misty I met Cindy 2 years ago Easter Sunday, met her and her fiance...she is so nice and her fiance too great conversation and food!

Next Aug I am hoping Joanie don't stand me up and not come visit next year...I will be heartbroken. ** sniff ** ;LOL:
Lucky you! (hope Oscar behaved?) I hope you get to meet Joan too, I bet she is a right hoot!

Terriernut

I'm sure people wouldn't leave because you are about Misty! You try to help out everyone with your posts and you cheer up so many people who are going through tough times! :) Don't try and leave us or we will all come after you!

If people have dissapeared, I'd say it was because they are off out enjoying life as you say!

Gav :)
I DO hope they are enjoying themselves!!! I have been off this week and getting bored as I was SUPPOSED to be going to meet my Dad in Las Vegas. But I couldnt get health coverage to go over there with an active flare. My xmas shopping is done, so boredom. Perhaps I should take up another hobby. After all, stinking up the bathroom is sooo overdone already!! :ylol:

Terriernut

Now when i'm off of work, i have time to read and write here, and in Finnish Crohn's forum. I write and read lot more when i'm ill :(
Glad you're here! Sorry you are ill! Your english is fine by the way. Native english speakers have trouble with the language, and you should hear my German!

Cindy posted this a few months back. And I'm wondering where everyone is? I am hoping all of you are sooooo enjoying life that you are busy. I'm also wondering if I should disappear if thats the issue?

Come out come out where ever you are......?

I'm still here. Still trying to find the right appliance for me. I am trying out CyMed's now. I am just over 2 1/2 months post op.:confused:
Not sure which system is going to work best for me.

I'm here Terrinut! I've been battling a terrible flare for several months, but I try to pop in once or twice a week.

I've been wondering about you, too! Glad to see you, no disappearing lol, you guys doing well are so needed to give us support and hope.:thumright:

Terriernut

I'm still here. Still trying to find the right appliance for me. I am trying out CyMed's now. I am just over 2 1/2 months post op.:confused:
Not sure which system is going to work best for me.
Its definetely trial and error for all of us I'm afraid. Dont be bashful! We've all been through the appliance merry go round.

Terriernut

I'm here Terrinut! I've been battling a terrible flare for several months, but I try to pop in once or twice a week.

I've been wondering about you, too! Glad to see you, no disappearing lol, you guys doing well are so needed to give us support and hope.:thumright:
So sorry about your flare! Flaring here too. It's the shits. Pardon the pun!

Terriernut

You should come over and see me if you're bored, Misty!! Debbie is coming again tomorrow morning.
I was just waiting for you to say so!!! I knew you were poorly and didnt want to disturb your beauty sleep.

Oh, take a pain killer BEFORE she removes those stitches tomorrow. (it hurts!)

On!! I didn't realise I hadn't said so! I'm saying so now lol. OFICALLY SAID SO.

Oh great :/. She called me up today and then started asking me all these questions about how I was and stuff. Isn't that the point of her coming to see me? Lol

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member

Hei hei Jimena!...my Mother is from Finland - unfortunately I don't speak much Finnish at all!

Kiitos!

oh - and to get back to the thread - yes, I'm here - just VERY busy - been reading posts when I can and answering here and there.....

Terriernut

On!! I didn't realise I hadn't said so! I'm saying so now lol. OFICALLY SAID SO.

Oh great :/. She called me up today and then started asking me all these questions about how I was and stuff. Isn't that the point of her coming to see me? Lol
Thats cause they get so distracted! Its not a bad idea to keep a list of things to ask her. Cause WE get distracted. Never mind sleepy (or was it just me?) What time is she coming tomorrow?

Hmm she just said late morning. Hopefully late enough so I have time to have to shower. She likes looking at my bum lol.

I get sleepy too. I didn't even have a nap yesterday and today I'm so tired that I've slept most of the day lol.

But anyway. Come whenever you like! Unless it's really early in the morning of course haha.

i haven't posted much as still battling my fissure. I'm on a fissure support group so that's where i've been. I will always come back here as there is so much support here.

Terriernut

Michelle, ANYONE would like looking at your bum! (us girls in envy of course)

I dont do early mornings. I have to give my wrinkle cream time to work.
I have an appt at 11.00 for a facelift (CACI) hope it works. After that I'll come by with some bling for you to brighten your day!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hey Misty , I have relatives in England , my mom was just there last fall, so some day I may swim over the pond and come visit ya or if you are ever in Canada...you will find me.

Haha believe me, you wouldn't! I thought the surgeon was going to pretty it all up for me but in the end they were worried about it healing so didn't and now probably looks worse :( I can only hope it improves when it's all healed.

Not that you need one! You look about 30 still. No word of a lie. Especially with your luscious golden locks! Okies :)

ameslouise

:bigwave:Hi Everyone!

I'm sorry for being AWOL lately.... I try to pop in every now and then to see what's going on. Been busy lately, plus super-anemic and going for iron infusions every other day. I have been anemic before but never like this - it is just wiping me out!

Have a weeklong vacation to Cabo San Lucas Mexico starting next week. I am looking forward to sun and lots and lots of sleep!!

But I think of all of you often even if I don't come on everyday to say hi! Sorry to hear so many of you are flaring and dealing with other manifestations. Sending hugs and healing wishes to all!!

xo - Ames

Terriernut

I KNEW something was up with you young lady! Please take very good care of yourself. And pssst...be a vampire like person and take some BLOOD with you to Mexico...just in case! Seriously, get health insurance coverage.

Please feel well soon! Huuugggggggggggggsssssssssssssssss!

ameslouise

Thanks, everyone! Right now I am trying to figure out how I can enjoy my favorite adult beverages in Mexico without ice cubes!!! I'm a little nervous about the water, everyone says it's safe at the resort but I'm not taking any chances!!

The weird thing about my iron levels is that my hemoglobin is fine, actually at a very good level for me. But my ferritin levels are off. My B12 is at the very low end of the normal range. Tricky to figure all this stuff out!!!

Hugs right back - Ames

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hey Amy take me with you, I will squish in a suit case.. just tell me what airport :lol:

I have b12 shots monthly but had to cancel my last one because of a bad flare, will be interesting to see if it makes a difference tomorrow because I go to the docs for my shot and flu shot.

Have fun in the sun!!!!

I am here, usually late at night after work. I am still trying to figure this all out. Still flaring but able to work. Working with the GI to get the meds right and working with the Endo to lower my bg levels.

I've just been extraordinarily busy since I came to seminary that I hardly have any time to write or come on here. I'll usually drop by once a day and just see how people are doing.

vonfunk

Bourbon Bandito
What have I been doing? I've been drinking a lot and between the drinking I'm alternating between being at work and being hungover.

I'm still here and I don't even have my ostomy anymore! I like to read and see how everyone's doing but don't post much.
My cancer is starting to give me trouble, I'm starting chemo soon.
If it's not one thing it's another!

LOSTnut

Poopy
Hey, has anybody heard from Welsh-Bird and how she is doing?

Sorry about the chemo, poolside. Wish you the best and, of course, remission!

Terriernut

I texted her last week and didnt hear back, I shall do so again. I know Joan visited her a couple weeks back.

Her crohns was really giving her fits last I spoke to her. And she was getting remicade infusions in the hope that they would help.

I shall text her now.
Misty

LOSTnut

Poopy
Thanks, Misty. Hopefully she will respond.
I think she might have been on the rugby thread but I didn't check on that one :)

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hey I have been gone a few days to recoup and wow newbies are everywhere.

Andrea is doing ok, Joan never when to visit her because Andrea had infusions and wouldnt be home. Andrea is holding her own an having a brave front. She is a fighter!

Astra

Oh yeah Andrea's doing great!
She's not having biologic infusions, it's cyclosporine
Andrea went back to work yesterday, still having grief off the bosses, but she's doing ok.
We didn't get to see her, mainly cos of the infusions, but Mark had a lot of Uni work to do also.
We're planning on a visit during the Christmas break
That's all for now!
Hope everyone's doing ok?
I'm ok, Crohn's has done one for a bit, hope it effs off forever!
lotsa luv
xxx

LOSTnut

Poopy
Lol, Joan - when it "effs off forever" let us know what you did.

Thanks for all the updates. Good to hear that Andrea is doing well under the circumstances. Hopefully the bosses won't aggrieve the Crohn's again.

I have two more though that I kinda miss from the "older" Crohnies: Ian and Kello -- both were in a deep lump and I seen Ian a bit but Kello seems to be missing in action. Last thing she reported on, to my knowledge, was another surgery. Anybody know how that went?

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Ha, just when I was gonna put up my signature and dx list. :lol: Saves space, because some one like Joan has a long one!:awe:... I am dead now :yfaint::lol2:

LOSTnut

Poopy
Don't feel bad, Pen. It is very obvious that I missed it too. However, now we are enlightened .... and can sleep at night again.

Thanks, Misty :)

How are you doing post-op?

LOL -- seems I started an new page ....

LOSTnut

Poopy
I am doing just fine ... as always after a decent night's sleep. However, the day is young and one never knows what might transpire :)
Seriously, overall I am doing really well, love the job and the health is in check ....hopefully for a long time to come.

Hugs!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Thanks Misty you are such a an awesome person! The flare is just about done...but in pain now from my days ugh :yfaint: I can't win....vicious cycle. I wanted to go shopping today but not today! Sorry you are dragging your ass, we are both in the same ugly boat. I miss all you guys too. The hubby is doing the few pick ups in town...I wanna go! Ha ha.

LostNut I am so happy you are doing well! What do you do for a job? I miss working, but mostly for the social aspect... I used to love mine too. I always wish we all were in remission! Hugs back at ya.

Terriernut

I am doing just fine ... as always after a decent night's sleep. However, the day is young and one never knows what might transpire :)
Seriously, overall I am doing really well, love the job and the health is in check ....hopefully for a long time to come.

Hugs!
:dance::headbang::emot-dance:

Terriernut

Thanks Misty you are such a an awesome person! The flare is just about done...but in pain now from my days ugh :yfaint: I can't win....vicious cycle. I wanted to go shopping today but not today! Sorry you are dragging your ass, we are both in the same ugly boat. I miss all you guys too. The hubby is doing the few pick ups in town...I wanna go! Ha ha.

LostNut I am so happy you are doing well! What do you do for a job? I miss working, but mostly for the social aspect... I used to love mine too. I always wish we all were in remission! Hugs back at ya.
Pen, this too shall pass. You must save your 'spoons'. Least thats what I tell myself, tomorrow will be better. Sorry you're in pain...that sucks!

LOSTnut

Poopy
Thanks Misty you are such a an awesome person!

I definitely agree about the Misty statement! But, Pen, you are too! :)

I found work about 3 months back as Executive Assistant. The people and the benefits are wonderful and themoney and work is good. We have single bathrooms so it is easy with the bag. I think my good health at this point is greatly related to the fact that I have a lot less stress in my life. I also chucked the worthless boyfriend and now live with my dogs ...which is a way better arrangement. :ylol:

:ghug:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Awe
I also chucked the worthless boyfriend and now live with my dogs ...which is a way better arrangement.
... I hope you are doing ok, that must of been stressful but I have been with a few I chucked out as well, no one needs a wart on their nose :lol:

LOSTnut

Poopy
Yes, I am doing ok. It was a long time coming and right now nobody really believes it (or the other way round) and my life has much improved. Instead of having stress of dealing with it, I got rid of it ... if you get my drift :p

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Yes I get your drift!!! Long time ago I was manless for a whole year and I loved it! No extra laundry, cooking cleaning... best times of my life back then. But I am one of the lucky ones who has a near perfect man...they do exists but very very rare! (hope no guys read this lol) I have had to kiss alot of toads to get to the prince! :lol:

Nyx

Yes I get your drift!!! Long time ago I was manless for a whole year and I loved it! No extra laundry, cooking cleaning... best times of my life back then. But I am one of the lucky ones who has a near perfect man...they do exists but very very rare! (hope no guys read this lol) I have had to kiss alot of toads to get to the prince! :lol:
Kissing toads is how you get warts on your nose....just sayin'...lol

LOSTnut

Poopy
All I can say is, that I am ready to wait for the prince.
As you mentioned, Pen, it is now so easy to have to take care JUST OF ME. And, yes, the minimal housework, etc. is just grand. I enjoy it tremendously.

Oh, where did you meet the Prince?? ;)

LOSTnut

Poopy
Oh, I forgot to mention the greatest advantage -- closet space for my shape shifting body. Since Crohn's is a weight up and down I don't dare to get rid of anything (never know when you might need a bigger or smaller size again) and now I have the room .... Yaaaaayyyy!
What can I say ... it is the small things that make one happy! :D

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
All I can say is, that I am ready to wait for the prince.
As you mentioned, Pen, it is now so easy to have to take care JUST OF ME. And, yes, the minimal housework, etc. is just grand. I enjoy it tremendously.

Oh, where did you meet the Prince?? ;)
My neighbour across the street introduced me to my now hubby. She knew the a$$hole I was with was getting dumped really fast. Her husband (now divorced) works with my husband. It was so amazing that we are very much alike moral wise. But he grew up a farmer and I a city girl.

We have since moved but are very happy and he cooks, and makes me coffee every morning when he is home. He asks how I am feeling every day and never once has he said anything mean to me about being ill. He is one in a million! So ya gotta come to Canada cause there are a few more but not many, they are getting snatched up.:rof:

I'm still here and I don't even have my ostomy anymore! I like to read and see how everyone's doing but don't post much.
My cancer is starting to give me trouble, I'm starting chemo soon.
If it's not one thing it's another!
Sorry to here that you have to start chemo not sure if this is your first time around or not I do know it stinks to say the lest . Hang in there and I will pray for you.

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes everyone. This is my second cyle of treatment with chemo and so far the first round last week kicked my butt. But I'm gearing up to giver hell on the next one.
Hopefully as it knocks the cancer down I become stronger and more able to tolerate it.
Again, thanks you guys for your never ending support.

vonfunk

Bourbon Bandito
It was in the upgrades form, I'm not a huge fan, because I'm vain and everything I say and write is pure gold, as such it should be displayed multiple times at all times.

Silvermoon

I am still here... not posting much, but always lurking. Every once in awhile I feel like adding a post somewhere, but get depressed about how it may sound and delete it, so now I just stick to lurking..... :shifty-t:

Terriernut

I am still here... not posting much, but always lurking. Every once in awhile I feel like adding a post somewhere, but get depressed about how it may sound and delete it, so now I just stick to lurking..... :shifty-t:
Silver, you are always welcome to comment and I've never EVER seen a daft comment from you! You are a very intelligent and experienced, and lovely lady! We dont want you to lurk!!
:heart:

ameslouise

Hi Everyone!

Poolside, I am sorry to hear about your cancer on the swing. Crossing fingers and sending hugs for you. We are happy you are lurking here, bag or not!

Silver, you can write whatever you want and we'll always be here for ya!

I am just returned from a fab week in Los Cabos Mexico, on the baja peninsula. It was great - very relaxing, lots of fun, sun, booze, food, sex, exercise, laughs, sleeping - not necessarily in that order! We went for a friends wedding - just when you think you have been to all your friends weddings, they start working on the second (and third and fourth) time around! This was a really fun one. My hubber really needed a vacation so it was good to get away.

Hope everyone else is doing okay, sorry to hear about those of you with flares and with warts on your noses (I had mine lasered off but had gotten quite a few before finding Levi!).

xo xo - Ames

LOSTnut

Poopy
Ahh, Ames -- how wonderful to read about the fun weekend and all the activities ;). I hope I will have on of those in the future ... not necessarily from a wedding. I am not particular ... :D

Silver, stop lurking ... we do miss you and it is the meaning of the forum to share. Have you seen any more "ologists" by now??

Poolside, I hope and wish you all the best to get the cancer in remission and gone. Keep on fighting .. after all Crohn's already has made you harder and better equipped to deal with the curve balls.

Oh, and :D, vonfunk!

Silvermoon

...Silver, stop lurking ... we do miss you and it is the meaning of the forum to share. Have you seen any more "ologists" by now?? ...
Not since my last post in the Support forum... next appointment will be a re-scope in December to see if any of these drugs are working....

Terriernut

Hoping Silver and Poolsides 'ologists' give them both the all clear!!!!!!!!!

Do 'ologists' have normal bowel movements???? :rof:

I mean you can see them going home all full of themselves sometimes cant ya? Are they all human? (some certainly are...but some.....)

LOSTnut

Poopy
Mine definitely are ..

And, another definite YES to the good wishes for poolside and Silver ... especially with the "season" coming up.

3 Day work week for his gal next week :soledance: