• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Panproctocolectomy in 11 days

panproctocolectomy in 11 days

Hi I am having my op on nov 15th at uchl london. I had an emergency ileostomy 18months ago and it changed my life as I had got very Ill very quickly, I have perianal fistulas that are causing me lots of problems and cannot b fixed hence the op. Unfortunately they are going to have open me up but hoping the epidural after is going to help with the pain relief. I live in Hertfordshire and have a little girl of 2.5.
I am pretty anxious and emotional about the op but also looking forward to getting it done and over with as the past 18 months have been hard work.
Rachel

Jessi

Hi Rachel and welcome to the family!

Honey, you are going through a really rough time. :hug: You must be nervous about this surge, but let me help point you into the right direction for support. We have a Surgery subforum in the Treatment Forum. Check it out and let them know what's going on and any questions you may have.

http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71

I really hope everything goes well for you. Please look after yourself. Will you have someone to care for your kiddos while you're down and out?

Thanks jessi would I just copy this and repost? I have a fantastic husband and my mum is fab, she will come over everyday at 7am so my husband can go to work which is such a relief :)

I don't live far from Bushey, Rachel! I already said good luck but I shall say it again! It's natural to be anxious but hopefully it shall make things loads better with you!

Oh where a bouts r u Michelle? I know I'm gonna feel like a new woman and no matter what the journey holds it cannot b as bad as before an will improve my life :)

I live just outside of Luton. I used to work at Ramada Watford on the A41 Watford Bypass. Although it's now owned by Mercure.

Having a positive attitude makes all the difference!

Jessi

Thanks jessi would I just copy this and repost? I have a fantastic husband and my mum is fab, she will come over everyday at 7am so my husband can go to work which is such a relief :)
Yup you did fine. Maybe change the title a little bit so nobody gets confused.

I'm glad your family is planning to help out. You're in good hands, it seems. :)