• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

To All My Pregnant Crohnies!

When are you due? I'm due 2/22/12 with a little boy. I was worried about him possibly being underweight because of the pred I was on during the 1st tri, but the doc says he's most likely a big baby judging by how I'm measuring. I'm having circulatory problems (like .. I can't feel my arms when I lay down and my feet constantly fall asleep), but other than that things are looking ok. How are you all doing?? Hope you are enjoying your pregnancy! :soledance:

i am not pregnant, but both of my sisters are pregnant with their firsts!! one is having a girl, due 02/06/12. we won't know the others sex for another few months, but she's due 06/11/12. neither of them have Crohns, but the latter has IBS....just thought i'd share my news about pregnancy! congratulations on yours, hope your pregnancy goes smoothly!!

Hello :)

I'm 19 weeks pregnant and I'm due 4. april 2012 with a girl. Its my first pregnancy so its very exciting. :) Unfortunately my crohns got worse when I got pregnant, so I haven't been feeling very well. I work 50% now, so that I dont overdo it. I'm on 9 mg Entocort and 100 mg Imurel, which my doctor said is fine. So I hope he is right...

Other then the Crohns thing, my 2. trimester is much better, because I'm not sick anymore. So I feel a lot better! :)

Congrats to your sisters, EmAitch88! You are gonna have your hands full with TWO niece(s)/nephew(s).

And congrats to you too @paxifaxi!! I'm at the tail end of my 2nd tri and it was awesome. I think I might be starting my 3rd tri a little early though. I still have 2 weeks in the 2nd, but I've got major swelling in my hands and feet and I can't sleep for anything. Just means we're closer to meeting out little guy! On the meds front, I read so much on the the medications and there really didn't seem to be any contraindications related to the meds you mentioned. Glad to hear you are able to rest and are past the 1st tri hurtle.

When are you due? I'm due 2/22/12 with a little boy. I was worried about him possibly being underweight because of the pred I was on during the 1st tri, but the doc says he's most likely a big baby judging by how I'm measuring. I'm having circulatory problems (like .. I can't feel my arms when I lay down and my feet constantly fall asleep), but other than that things are looking ok. How are you all doing?? Hope you are enjoying your pregnancy! :soledance:

I am due 12/22/11. we are having a baby girl super excited. my pregnancy was very smooth no morning sickness or anything till I got GD. but everything else is going well.

I didn't have any morning sickness either Maryam! How has your 3rd trimester been? I just started having trouble sleeping last week (I cannot get comfy!) and I can only guess the remaining 15 weeks won't get any better. Did you have any sleeping issues?? I try to sleep on my side, but my arms fall asleep and my hips ache, I can't sleep on my back, and the whole sideline sleeping position just hasn't clicked for me. Any suggestions?!

I am scheduled for my c-section 18 April, 2012. We just found out it's a little boy. I was just put on bed rest, but kinda knew it was coming. I hope everyone has a good uneventful pregnancy!

I see these posts are a little old but I need some advice. I have a little girl that is almost 2 and I was on remicade during my pregnancy with her. However after I had her I had a bad reaction to the remicade and had to stop. I'm now taking imuran and cimzia and I just got my colonoscopy done today and my colon is flared. The point however is I have to give my GI 6 months notice to conceive again and I want to in August but I was wondering what did you all take during pregnancy? He said he might want to do steriods during the first trimester and I was wondering if anyone has done that? If so what did you think about it? I appreciate any feedback! Thanks so much :)

Dmarrs06 I took pred my first tri and my boy is perfect! I also was on Remicade during my pg, so other than the pred I don't know what else. I can just say iny experience my son didn't suffer any adverse effects from the prednisone. The risks are preterm labor and low birth weight and he was 5 days late and 8 lbs 10 oz. Good luck!

Thank you Jenamonkey! My GI wants me to wait 6 months before even trying to concieve becuase he wants me off pred and imuran and only hurmira. I wanted to try in August and now we are looking more like the end of the year. :( I know its the best thing to do its just hard to know you have to wait longer than you really want too.