• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Shoulders, Knees, and Ankles

I'm unofficially diagnosed with Crohn's by my GP. Going to see a new GI Thursday to hopefully get it confirmed.

I've been having serious D problems for about 5 months with urgency setting in in the past 2-3. GP put me on the meds in my signature just recently. (Thank goodness for Questran)

I've been feeling fatigued for a few years, but the past week or two I feel a burning hurt in my shoulders, elbow, knees and ankles.

Could this be med related or Crohn's related? Is it possible for it to progress this quickly?

I've read tons of the posts on here and know about the arthritis assoc. with CD but never really found a description of the pain. Is it similar to what I'm feeling? or is this just from not eating much and my body telling me it's tired?

Hey,
Sorry your going through this at the minute joint pain is horrible. I would ask your doctor because some medications cause joint pain or it could be crohn's they will be the best to help you. With the pain my arthritis is a constant ache that feels like it's inside the joint itself, my joints also swell and feel hot to touch. That's how I know it's arthritis and not a sprain or something else going on, but I know everyone is different and CD does some weird things.
I hope the docs can help you and relieve the discomfort x