• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi

hi

im caitlin. im 22. i was diagnosed with crohns dec 2008. it took bout 3 months for them to figure out what it was. spent a week in the hospital. couldnt keep anything down both ends. had really bad stomach pain. all that fun stuff. they did a colonoscopy and ct scan to confirm. they put me on TPN for a few days. now im on lialda, mercaptopurine (6mp), 20mgs of prednisone and tapering- yay (i hate that stuff), and i just recently started remicade. my first infusion went really well. i hope they keep goin good n it works for me. i gota have another colonoscopy on the 30th of nov. not looking forward to that. i hate the prep. i think thats the worst part. im glad i found this site. its helped me alot already. good to know thiers other people out thier that understand and can relate to you :)

Last edited by a moderator:

David

Co-Founder
Hi Caitlin and welcome! I'm glad you found your way here :)

I'm so pleased to hear the Remicade is working really well for you, that's fantastic. In case you haven't seen it, we do have a Remicade support forum.

I hope you stick around and become a regular part of the community. Take care!

Hello Caitlin and welcome to the forum...:)
Glad to hear the meds are helping now....very sorry to hear about the prep!!!!!
Horrible stuff.
Take care....

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Cait and welcome! I am sorry it took several months to figure out your had Crohn's, but I am happy to hear you are now on treatment and it is going well. I hope Remicade does the trick and remission is in the near future!

I used to really dread having a colonoscopy because of the awful prep, too. But now it's not so bad since discovering the Miralax/Gatorade prep. It is soooooo much better than any prescription prep. You'll mix a full bottle of Miralax 238 grams (purchased over the counter) with 64oz of Gatorade. Let me tell you, you can't taste a thing! You should ask your GI if it could be an option for you.

Jessi

Hi Cait! Welcome to the family. I'm so glad you found us!

I'm glad that the infusion went well. Hopefully, you'll be able to get rid of the prednisone altogether. Good luck on the scope, and keep us posted on how it goes.

BTW, I hope you don't mind. I stuck a few periods into your post. My eyes are weird, so they go all skitzy without them. :hug: