• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Maybe crohns

maybe crohns

my primary doctor set me for some CT test. Finally got test results back. Results are Thickening of the Terminal Issue. What does this mean

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi Anna, :welcome: to the forum! This is the Ileum that is close to your appendix or as we say lower right quadrant. It is usually where Crohns is for most of us. It could be inflammation, ulcers or scar tissue that causes narrowing.

Could you tell us more about yourself. You pain or symptom of what led you to get a ct scan. Have you had a colonoscopy? The will show more but sometimes they cant get into that area. You on any meds? Try not to worry , stress can aggrivate the gut. Glad you found us!

started out a few months back, lower back and hip pain. rectal bleeding once in awhile, also have internal hemmroids. Muscus in stool, stool shapes would be sometime flatter. Usually loose stool or very soft. Alot of joint pain, and urge to have bowel movement and get nothing but mucus. also previous ct scan showed mild non specific colitis of the sigmoid colon.

hopefully going to see gi doc soon..

Jessi

Hi Anna! Welcome. It could likely be Crohn's. Definitely get to a gastro and have some tests done. Often, Crohn's is associated with arthritis, as well. That may be an explanation for your joint pain. Keep us posted on how things go. :hug:

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Anna and welcome! Our symptoms are very similar. I also deal with mucus, which I can pass apart from a BM. Also, I don't have an issue with D, but my stools are very loose and thin/flat as you described.

Being that a CT scan has noted inflammation in your sigmoid & TI, it does sound like it could be Crohn's. Have you had a colonoscopy yet? In my opinion, it is the best way to see what is truly going on in there. Also, biopsies can be taken and tested for IBD.