• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hair Removal on back end

My back end is sewn up. A sinus tract has developed. Hair keeps on growing in there and clogging it up.

Anyone have any tips for EFFECTIVE permanent hair removal down there?

Thanks all.

hopeful

I'm not sure if this will be useful for your particular problem, but laser treatments are very effective, especially if the hair is course and dark (such as pubic hair). You have to get the treatments done every eight weeks or so for about a year, but the hair really does start to disappear, and when it goes it is pretty much permanent. I got it done to my underarms and now I don't have any hair there at all. Another plus is that it is pretty much pain-free which is fantastic, especially in a sensitive area. You would have to ask the actual clinic if they would do it in an area such as yours that may be inflamed, but if they could I think it's an effective option.

Hope that helps :)
Fabs

I don't know what kind of laser treatment you had, but pain free?? That shit hurts! But I agree on it being effective. I had it done on my underarms, bikini and legs. I still shave every so often, but the hair is thin and light. I used to have to shave my armpits every day.

i am looking at lazer for my hair but not sure with the imuran, salofalk, humira combination that my skin will heal or if it will burn to a crisp and leave ugly scars? i have dark skin and hair and like you Stephanie i am shaving daily and over it!

lazer can be expensive. ive had it done before on my upper lip. I would say its the best method for your situation. a Brazilian wax would hurt and impossible if you have stiches.
ju

They didn't shave me anywhere before removing my rectum and anus. They seemed to take a fair bit of tissue and hair has not been a problem.

Not sure about permanent hair removal especially laser on a delicate area with a sinus. Hope you can get to the bottom of this problem!