• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Chronic Migranes and slight tremor in hands

:sheep:Hi all,
I was feeling good until they switched my b 12 shots from x a month to 1 a month and havent had iron infusion in a while. Just had blood and physical done and all show within average range some low but still normal. I cant stay awake for more then 1 to 2 hours without needing a nap. In the last month I have had a headache, migranes at times. Nothing helps not even neurtotin tylenol cant even touch touch it. I have never had headaches. Its not the remicade because I have been on that for 3 years. I have also noticed I have tremors in my hands its enough that its noticeable at times. I look like a racoon after trying to apply my eyeliner. I have been thinking about a holistic approach because so far nothing has put me into remission.I am just tired of sleeping alll the time and when I am awake I have horrible headaches from am to pm. I do have energy around 4 pm and later so thats better then before but I want to be able to stay awake I am so tired of my husband and children seeing me in bed. I still know that someday I go into remission. I just don't know how to get there. Any ideas of things that have helped you with symptoms of crohns would be appreciated. Thanks!!:eek:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I see you are on Pristiq I am too and it helps but it is mild. I don't know why they would reduce your B12 you can't overdose on in. The Iron can constipate, but some people need it. I dont have Iron pills, because my iron is ok. That is very unusual to be that tired.

Do you snore? Have you been tested for Sleep apnea? A recent crohnie who used to be on here, when through all of what you are on (Humira instead of Remi) she was tired and they thought maybe prediabetes was the cause. She finally went to a sleep clinic and she wears a half mask and she cannot believe how great and alert she feels. Just sayin'... you never know and her husband said she never held her breath. :hang:

Last edited:
thanks

:):)Hi Pen,
I have had a sleep study 3 years ago and they said I moved the entire time I was left with 30 minutes of rem ( restfull) sleep. Ugh. But I dont snore so all they could do was continue to keep me on sleep meds. It helps me fall asleep but not stay a sleep. So yes between crohns and horrible sleep I suffer from exhaustion. My doc tried to get me on Transcranial magnetic stimulation ( TMS) is a noninvasive method to cause depolarization or hyperpolarization in the neurons of the brain. He said it would help with depression, anxiety and sleep patern. My insurance turned me down. AHH!! He siad he hasnt seen one patient no bebefit from it in some way. It's a little expensive which is probably why they said no. So everyone knows I have headaches and poor sleep and all they do is give me new or more meds. Insurance will let doc treat the symptoms but not the problem. SO I am a bit at a loss of what to do. My doc did think I should try a sleep study again, but I said no, so what if it shows I am gettn poor sleep still. They couldnt do anyhting before, what has changed, he did acknowldge, Yeah, I can see your point. Now thats my phych. what is this sleep mask you speak of Pen. I would to hear more about it. Thanks so much for your time.

David

Co-Founder
:sheep:Hi all,
I was feeling good until they switched my b 12 shots from x a month to 1 a month and havent had iron infusion in a while.

I look like a racoon after trying to apply my eyeliner
There's your issue. Get back on much more frequent B12 (NOW, especially with those tremoring hands) and get back on iron. You're very likely low in both and the "normal" of most western medicine of 200 for B12 is TERRIBLE. Read this thread in its entirety to get some good insight on B12 levels. And the raccoon eyes are very likely due to iron deficiency.

And while you're at it, you may want to request they check for other vitamin and mineral deficiencies.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
what is this sleep mask you speak of Pen. I would to hear more about it. Thanks so much for your time.
It is a mask/machine for sleep Apnea but since you dont hold your breath it isn't for you.

I would still get your b12 checked though. You guys in the states with insurance blows me away when you need something and they refuse to pay for it. In any event blood work should be your priority to see what is going on!

Thanks everyone.

:bigwave:Thanks David and Pen. I just saw my doc on Thursday. The problem was the last time he checked my blood work for b12 and iron was in normal range. B12 was at the highest number it could be so he took me off b12 every 2 weeks even though I told him I am not feeling good since he started to limit me. I am hoping the b12 and iron shows low just so I can get my itron infusion and more frequent b12 shots. I am so close to ordering b12 shots over line because I am at a loss. I have a 4 year old I want to have at home with me for tues and thursday so I need to be alert and not need a nap. I just want to feel normal so badly. I have been on sleeping pills for 11 years now. I appreciate your guidance. I just get frustrated when everything shows normal in blood work yet I am not functioning. I will keep trying any ideas to me ordering b12 off line? I don't want to do anything that could harm me.

I'm new to this forum, but not new to hand tremors. Mal-absorption includes poor absorption of calcium. Get your calcium levels checked. Low calcium will produce tetany(muscle twitching). Try citrated calcium supplements. The regular calcium in suplements is in the form of calcium carbonate which is hard to absorb; citrated calcium costs more but is worth it.
I can't help much with the migraines, I'm working on that myself. I'm up to 75mg a day of topiramate and my migraines are down to about 1 mild one every two weeks. Not bad, but if I sit still too long, I fall asleep. I hope there is a better way.

That was a month ago, I wonder much it might have dropped for me to seem so tired. I feel like grabn at anything that might help me feel more alert. I am considering a tanning bed, since I am low in D no matter how much I take. Thanks David.