• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help/Advice please?

What experience does anyone have with elemental diets? Anyone got any favourite brands?
Need to start one and tried one brand but didn't enjoy, envy recommendations out there?
Thank you!

Which one did you try? The two main ones are Elemental 028, and Modulen.

I don't think "enjoy" is what the makers had in mind with these things and I certainly don't think you'll find any that are enjoyable!

Tesscorm

Staff member
Hi Sophie,

I'm not familiar with the drinkable formulas, my son was on an elemental diet but ingested the formula through an NG tube.

However, there is a subform for elemental diets where I think you'll find more information. The link is attached (but if it doesn't work, it's under Treatments). There are many members who have used the drinkable formulas and may be able to suggest some other brands.

http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=161

Good luck!