• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Methotrexate???

Hi all

I'm new to this sort of thing, but I see there are lots of people in the same boat. I've just been prescribed Methotrexate after a horrible experience with imuran. If I took imuran, within 2 hours I started throwing up until there was blood - YUK. Anyone got any insight on metho? Googled it and side effects already scare me. Already had 1 re-section and don't really want another.
Thanks

I just started methotrexate not too long ago to treat inflammation in my joints for arthritis and as a double treatment for my Crohn's as well, along with Humira. As long as I stay on schedule with my weekly 1mL shot, and don't do it any days late, I really feel like it does help. However, I'm 25, and I'm starting to lose my hair from it. That's really the only side effect that I've noticed. Hope I helped you!

I've been on it over a year now, on a maintenance dose now. Still go my hair - but my hairdresser says I have enough hair for 5 people:D. I do get queasy and the day after the jab I am a bit blah - but a pick up on Sunday and I am ready for work on Monday. I do my jab at Friday 4 pm, and chill out on Sat. Good luck and keep us posted