• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

For those with Celiac/gluten-free

Curious question.. I've been not eating much during this flareup (yes, it still hasn't died down) but rice bread toasted seems to be the only thing I can eat right now that doesn't make me want to throw up or run straight to the toilet...
Do any of you guys who eat rice bread feel the same way? Or is it just me??
I also wonder how long I can stay healthy by eating just bread......

~ Lisa ~

I have to confess I have never (knowingly) eaten rice bread, but I have foods that seem to have a guaranteed agreeable outcome, and most are rice based.

soupdragon69

ele mental leprechaun
Yep rice bread is usually ok for me. I find that alot of the gluten free breads/products have maize in them which I can't tolerate so have to read the labels religiously.

As for staying healthy with just rice bread you need alot more than that Lisa sorry. We all need a variety of essentials in our diet. If you are really struggling why dont you ask your GI about something like an elemental diet which is pure liquids, only prescribable and supplies all the nutrients we need and is designed to be absorbed in the first metre of the small bowel so allows your gut to rest and recover?

The elemental drinks are an aquired taste but have literally been a life saver for me - in fact am back on them again now... the hardest thing is no solid food at all and only hot and cold still mineral water to drink. It does make a huge difference to me though and is well worth it.

Please dont end up relying on just rice bread. Speak to your GI and get them to refer you to a dietitian if you arent already under one, then see about elemental or something similar.

Hope you feel better soon.

Rice bread seems to be the only thing at the moment that's not making me worse sick. I've never had a flareup last this long before (2 weeks now). And on top of that, I was accidently glutened yesterday by the school somehow. I'm guessing the person that filled the coffee had also managed the donuts, and I must have consumed a couple crumbs. I live in a totally gluten-free apartment now (by myself) so there's no way it could have been from there.

Man I can tell you feeling 2 pains at once is no easy task..:ybatty:

~ Lisa ~

C

CanadaCurt

num1habsfan said:
Rice bread seems to be the only thing at the moment that's not making me worse sick. I've never had a flareup last this long before (2 weeks now). And on top of that, I was accidently glutened yesterday by the school somehow. I'm guessing the person that filled the coffee had also managed the donuts, and I must have consumed a couple crumbs. I live in a totally gluten-free apartment now (by myself) so there's no way it could have been from there.

Man I can tell you feeling 2 pains at once is no easy task..:ybatty:

~ Lisa ~
I share your pain, I am also a celiac/crohnie. I don't hardly ever eat any flour based products anymore though.